• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

One week post -op

Hello,

I had my Revision on 04/11/2022 I am so glad to say the acid reflux is gone ,but I am nauseated a lot just wondering if that's normal ? I have a lot of head hunger cant wait to eat a chicken fried steak with green beans and mash potatoes. I want be able to eat this just a thought I still have some belly pain I pray this Nausea gets better

Last edited:
Hello, glad to hear about the reflux! So far mine is completely gone too (4 weeks post op). I just had bypass, not a revision.
I had no nausea at all, not in the hospital or since I have been home. Although, I hear it is VERY common and a lot of people have it for a short time after surgery.
I just got to the soft food stage and I am so thankful even though I can eat so little. 1/2 cup max at a time and usually I stop about half way thru for like 15-20 minutes and then finish it.
Good luck!

Hello,

I had my Revision on 04/11/2022 I am so glad to say the acid reflux is gone ,but I am nauseated a lot just wondering if that's normal ? I have a lot of head hunger cant wait to eat a chicken fried steak with green beans and mash potatoes. I still have some belly pain I pray this gets better
Hope your belly pain passes soon. This surgery will give you a new outlook on your eating habits. You might want to consider the amount of carbs & calories in the chicken fried steak & mashed potatoes, and starting experimenting with new sources of proteins.

I read up on carbs before my surgery. Once I realized that most carbs turn to sugar in the bloodstream, and are then stored in the body as fat, I basically brainwashed myself into being repulsed by pasta, bread, white rice, potatoes, most sugary foods, etc. I try to avoid anything breaded, and rarely eat potatoes. You might try to "crave" some healthier alternatives to chicken fried anything and potatoes with gravy for the most part.

Good luck with your journey.

Suzanne said above about the food commercials is so true - I can't believe how many there are. Have become so much more aware of how we are constantly bombarded by food prompts in our society. Just relentless. I take responsibility for the weight I got this body to before surgery, but am increasingly aware that I was pushed along the way as well.

Suzanne said above about the food commercials is so true - I can't believe how many there are. Have become so much more aware of how we are constantly bombarded by food prompts in our society. Just relentless. I take responsibility for the weight I got this body to before surgery, but am increasingly aware that I was pushed along the way as well.
Agreed. One time I counted and during a 1 hour show. There was 8 commercials, 6 of which were food. It is crazy.

Back