• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

One Year Anniversary…What Have I Learned?

NB223

Hi friends; on July 6th, I celebrated my one year anniversary of gastric bypass surgery! Due to COVID, I haven’t actually seen any of my practitioners in person since the surgery, but I insisted on visiting the hospital for my one year appointment. It was so surreal to be sitting back in the waiting room so long after surgery. Sometimes I feel like I don’t look any different, and then I sat in the waiting room chairs that were originally a tight fit; I was swimming in them now! Such a mind trip lol. My practitioners are thrilled with my progress; of course you’re always your own worst critic though. I was disappointed I didn’t lose another 8 lbs to get into “One-derland” before my appointment, but I still need to be proud. Funny thing about that; I finally hit the hundreds this morning!!! :D I haven’t been there since junior high! It definitely hasn’t been easy, but it has been worth it! I have my first skin removal surgery scheduled for the end of September; I decided to start with my arms. I have the most issues with my stomach, but my arms are the most visible and I’ve had many looks in the summer with all the sleeveless tops lol. I have also run into an issue where my insurance company refuses to pay for a portion of my stomach surgery until I’m 18 months out from surgery. Does anyone have good tips to get a portion of your stomach surgery paid for my insurance?

Congratulations on your success!! Sounds like you are doing amazing! I wish my insurance would cover even a tiny bit of skin removal, but they won’t unless I’m having rashes under my abdominal skin for 6 plus months that’s not resolved with medicine. Keep up the fantastic work!

Hi friends; on July 6th, I celebrated my one year anniversary of gastric bypass surgery! Due to COVID, I haven’t actually seen any of my practitioners in person since the surgery, but I insisted on visiting the hospital for my one year appointment. It was so surreal to be sitting back in the waiting room so long after surgery. Sometimes I feel like I don’t look any different, and then I sat in the waiting room chairs that were originally a tight fit; I was swimming in them now! Such a mind trip lol. My practitioners are thrilled with my progress; of course you’re always your own worst critic though. I was disappointed I didn’t lose another 8 lbs to get into “One-derland” before my appointment, but I still need to be proud. Funny thing about that; I finally hit the hundreds this morning!!! :D I haven’t been there since junior high! It definitely hasn’t been easy, but it has been worth it! I have my first skin removal surgery scheduled for the end of September; I decided to start with my arms. I have the most issues with my stomach, but my arms are the most visible and I’ve had many looks in the summer with all the sleeveless tops lol. I have also run into an issue where my insurance company refuses to pay for a portion of my stomach surgery until I’m 18 months out from surgery. Does anyone have good tips to get a portion of your stomach surgery paid for my insurance?
Congratulations!!! Very happy for you and your progress!

Back