• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

ONEderland! After 40 years!

Ange6012

Woooohoooo! 4 months post op and I have entered ONEderland! 199.2
The last time I remember being 1 anything was just after having my daughter in 1984! I was 179 (this has stuck in my head because at the time I was anorexic and bulimic and was told eat or the baby dies) well 105 -179 was a horror for me but those meatball parm heroes I was craving throughout that pregnancy brought me out of starving myself!
But here we are under 200 for the first time since and it was a great achievement for me.
I'm still unable to do too much in excercise due to my injuries and my skin is sagging but I'm ok with it! Everything will have its time! I'm going and doing things at my own pace!

The last time I remember being 1 anything was just after having my daughter in 1984! I was 179 (this has stuck in my head because at the time I was anorexic and bulimic and was told eat or the baby dies) well 105 -179 was a horror for me but those meatball parm heroes I was craving throughout that pregnancy brought me out of starving myself!
But here we are under 200 for the first time since and it was a great achievement for me.
I'm still unable to do too much in excercise due to my injuries and my skin is sagging but I'm ok with it! Everything will have its time! I'm going and doing things at my own pace!
Oh wow omg Ange I am so happy for and proud of you!!! ❤❤❤❤ That is the best feeling in the world to hit onederland. Thank you so much for sharing your happy news.

Yes! Thank you so much! I'm in heaven but with that come alot of stress.
A. Fighting the urge to splurge (too much), I'm struggling with tge usual celebrate everything with food.
B. Worrying I'm going to sabotage myself and go back over.

I did stall for a week, 199.9, 199.8, 199.2, 199, 199.6 then finally yesterday 198.8. So yes, I'm going to struggle now especially because I have had to catch myself a few times by falling back on some bad habits. Stress eating, feeling overwhelmed, still handling too much for everyone. But I am back on track now. Will I be perfect, no! I'm sure I will still struggle. A lifetime of what used to be and trying to change it is going to take time but as long as that scale moves OR the clothes continue to get bigger I will always get back to the new habits I am working on.

Yes! Thank you so much! I'm in heaven but with that come alot of stress.
A. Fighting the urge to splurge (too much), I'm struggling with tge usual celebrate everything with food.
B. Worrying I'm going to sabotage myself and go back over.

I did stall for a week, 199.9, 199.8, 199.2, 199, 199.6 then finally yesterday 198.8. So yes, I'm going to struggle now especially because I have had to catch myself a few times by falling back on some bad habits. Stress eating, feeling overwhelmed, still handling too much for everyone. But I am back on track now. Will I be perfect, no! I'm sure I will still struggle. A lifetime of what used to be and trying to change it is going to take time but as long as that scale moves OR the clothes continue to get bigger I will always get back to the new habits I am working on.
Now that you are in onederland, you might step away from the daily visit with your scale, and try weighing yourself weekly. That way you won't be frustrated by daily fluctuations that don't really reflect your true weight, imho. Again, congrats on seeing all of your hard work paying off in such a fun way.

II did stall for a week, 199.9, 199.8, 199.2, 199, 199.6 then finally yesterday 198.8.

As Karen suggested, you really should stay off the scale. Measuring your weight in decimals is a bad sign of an eating disorder, not stalls. Everyone here, of any size, goes up and down by ounces several times a day. That doesn't mean anything real or permanent.

My scale gets dusty between visits. I only weigh when I suspect I've gained or lost, and I can tell by how I fit in my clothes. I am bulimarexic and am in recovery. But for many years I just ate everything I wanted, four or five times a day. My obesity became my new normal, but my self-esteem went into the toilet where I used to barf.

Please stick around and practice relaxation instead of worrying. Read the book I recommend all the time, The Only Diet There Is, and do the exercises. They REALLY helped me, in so many ways. I hope you don't think I'm harsh, but I feel like you're in pain from being overweight, and I want to be very blunt so you can break through that (hopefully). I want you to feel happy and free.

Stick around and breathe deeply. Wear elastic bands if you need to, or get busy with a food journal, writing down what you WILL eat and what you DID eat, and what your mood was like when you were eating.

Food is there to enjoy and to sustain life. It's okay to love it and savor it. Write it down and revise your diet on a daily or weekly basis. Some of us are obese because we lie to ourselves. When you're brave enough to write it down and admit to it, miracles will happen.

Congrats, Ange!! This is such GREAT news! You've shown yourself that you can do this!!

Back