• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Online Bariatric Therapy/Counseling

does anyone have any leads on a counselor who specializes in bariatric surgery and can do online therapy? I'm feeling that I NEED counseling - but really could use someone who specializes in bariatrics. The counselor I used for my pre-surgery consultations was not for me. Help?

does anyone have any leads on a counselor who specializes in bariatric surgery and can do online therapy? I'm feeling that I NEED counseling - but really could use someone who specializes in bariatrics. The counselor I used for my pre-surgery consultations was not for me. Help?
What State are you in. I'm a Psychotherapists but I'm in Denver,CO. I had a support group before the pandemic.

I have a therapist (psychologist) lined up for after my surgery. It was REALLY hard to find any therapist who is accepting new patients. The field is flooded right now with new patients due to Covid. The soonest appointment I could get was APRIL! I didn’t even bother trying to get a bariatric therapist because that would have decreased my options even more. I went with a therapist who specializes in PTSD, trauma and addiction. Close enough.

Back