• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pain in lower left of belly

Keith Wells

Bariatric Guru
Has anyone experienced pain in your lower left of your stomach? I not sure if I just did to much, have bowel issues, or what. Of course today is saturday so no one is open.... Tell a nurse line told me to visit the local er, to be on the safe side..... So off I go to be told its nothing I am sure......

Keith, what did the doctor at the ER tell you? Hope it wasn't anything serious. I haven't had any pain, thank heavens.

Keith, what did the doctor at the ER tell you? Hope it wasn't anything serious. I haven't had any pain, thank heavens.
Couldn't find anything. Blood work was all good cat scan was clear.... I worked on my truck some the other day kind wonder if I just over did it or gave myself a hernia....

My left side hurts when I do too much exercise. That's the side that they took the stomach out through. It's a bigger scar. It's a good thing you checked. I have noticed too that some days I'm just fine and others it hurts when I stand up or stretch. It doesn't hurt more than one day in a row.

I haven't had any pain since the day after my surgery. I was actually waiting to have pain when I would do something, like get out of bed or bend over. Nothing happened. I guess I am lucky,

Has anyone experienced pain in your lower left of your stomach? I not sure if I just did to much, have bowel issues, or what. Of course today is saturday so no one is open.... Tell a nurse line told me to visit the local er, to be on the safe side..... So off I go to be told its nothing I am sure......
I'm only 7 days out from surgery, but I have horrendous pain in my lower left abdomen. I'm going to my follow up appointment tomorrow. I'm definitely going to ask about it. I have diverticulitis and this pain is identical, though I think it is surgery related.

I'm only 7 days out from surgery, but I have horrendous pain in my lower left abdomen. I'm going to my follow up appointment tomorrow. I'm definitely going to ask about it. I have diverticulitis and this pain is identical, though I think it is surgery related.
My pain isn't near the incision as Anna indicated. The incisions are in the lower part of my upper abdomen. I have two belly rolls. The pain is in the lower one.

I went to the Dr today. He said that the pain in my lower left side in not connected to the surgery. I'm pretty sure it is diverticulitis. Going tomorrow to hae it checked out.

I went to the Dr today. He said that the pain in my lower left side in not connected to the surgery. I'm pretty sure it is diverticulitis. Going tomorrow to hae it checked out.
mine has resolved it self with rest... I think mine had to do with straining... while messing with my truck.....

keep us posted and good luck...

mine has resolved it self with rest... I think mine had to do with straining... while messing with my truck.....
Glad it resolved itself, Keith. Last week I was having sharp pains in my lower left abdomin. If it was on the right side I'd swear it was appendicitis. After a few days it was gone, so maybe we both did a little too much.

Back