• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

PAIN

I just had my surgery on Feb 27th. I had my 1st solid today. I ate part of a scrambled egg. The pain between my breasts was excruciating. For about 20 min. Anyone else experience this. I don't ever want to eat solids again.

I just had my surgery on Feb 27th. I had my 1st solid today. I ate part of a scrambled egg. The pain between my breasts was excruciating. For about 20 min. Anyone else experience this. I don't ever want to eat solids again.
I have had this happen when I eat too much or don't chew enough. Don't forget that your new stomach is extra small and tight right now since you've only been having liquids. Take it slow and see how it goes. My surgery was on 12/6 and I'm still leery of eating.

Always check with your doctor regarding medical issues.

It will get better...one day at a time and one bite at a time.
Feel Better

For first two weeks my doctor had me on protein drinks, popsicles, jello, and pudding. Try starting with soup and yogurt with no chunks. After that's working good try making egg drop soup. It helps keep the egg soft until your ready to move up to scrambled eggs. You can add some corn starch to your soup to make it thicker or try cream soup.

I have had this pain. I get it if I eat too fast, eat too much, or eat the wrong thing. My Dr. told me that if I ate eggs that soon after surgery it needed to be fairly liquid. Everyone who I know who has had the bariatric surgery has had trouble eating eggs. I am now 6 weeks post op and can now finally egg hard boiled eggs. Try a different food instead and see if the pain is absent then. A couple of times I ate things that didn't agree with me and had the pain you described for quite awhile. I now try new foods gradually so when something isn't agreeing with me I can figure it out easily and not eat that again for awhile. Every few days I will introduce a new food item. I hope that this helps.

I had that kind of pain once because I didn't chew enough, I make sure I chew enough now, don't want to go through that again, thought I was going to die, ugh
My doctor said, today that they are going to take Scrambled eggs off of the first solids because a lot of people complain of the pain.

Agree with what everyone else said. When I first started on solids I had pain between my shoulder blades. I ate cod and it was too fibrous. Take it slow. Try walking if this happens again.

Back