• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pants question

3momchaos

Might be a weird question, but how long after surgery could you wear pants with buttons? I guess I’m thinking back to my lower abdominal procedures, c sections and such, and remembering I couldn’t wear zipped up pants with buttons for quite a while. But since this is the upper abdomen, I wasn’t sure. I want to be ready after surgery with pants that are comfortable, but the holidays are not too long after my surgery, and I might need to wear something other than yoga or pajama pants LOL

I had 6 incisions with my lapro. RNY. 2 on each side, 1 below my sternum and the last - halfway between belly button and the bottom of my belly roll. I wore yoga pants home from the hospital, and they were even too much pressure on that lower incision. I'm almost 2 weeks out, and while not healed, that incision is closed up much better. Don't think I want a zipper on it yet though

I actually came home from hospital 10lbs heavier, and I was very swollen around the middle. It was a good few weeks until I could even fit into my normal clothes! But I did have complications and ended up with a feeding tube, which is not at all normal. I think everyone is different and stretchy is good lol

Cute picture, Julie. I have nerve damage in my incision because I had an open procedure. I still have a hard time wearing pants with zippers and buttons sometimes. But really painful only for a few months so I was happy to be in an elastic band. Your post-op experience was a nightmare. I'm sure glad you're doing okay now.

Cute picture, Julie. I have nerve damage in my incision because I had an open procedure. I still have a hard time wearing pants with zippers and buttons sometimes. But really painful only for a few months so I was happy to be in an elastic band. Your post-op experience was a nightmare. I'm sure glad you're doing okay now.
Thanks Diane, all dressed up for a tropical beach party. shows off my bony shoulders! :)

One of my incisions was IN my belly button, the rest were above (RnY). Since I wear my pants "mom" style I didn't wear button pants for about 4 weeks. I'm 6 weeks out now and buttons don't bother me at all.

Back