• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Patience is bitter...

...but its fruit is sweet. ― Aristotle

Well, the ball is finally rolling for me - albeit sloooooowly, lol. I gave 7 vials of blood to my PCM yesterday for labwork and had my EKG done yesterday as well.
My 1st (of 3) nutritionist appointments is next week, on the 18th and I call on Monday to set up my psychiatric evaluation and my endoscopy. Monday is also my first local support group meeting. I've already had a sleep study, I just have to stop by the office and get my "sleep doctor" to sign off my pre-op checklist. Since I turn 40 next month, my PCM wants me to have a mammogram prior to surgery so I have to set that up right after my birthday. SO - I am getting there, working through my surgeon's checklist and moving forward!! I'm really hoping to be able to schedule my surgery in January. =)

I DO have questions about the endoscopy. I've never had one but I'm thinking surely I will be sedated for that?? I hope so! Does it hurt? Sore throat? Can I eat after? Any tips/suggestions/advice on this procedure?
Thanks!!!!
Brandy

Hi Brandy!

I haven't had my surgery yet but I had my endoscopy last week. It wasn't bad at all. They give you "twilight" meds so you don't remember a thing. I was extremely thirsty afterwards and I did have a sore throat. It was gone the next day. You do have to have someone drive you.

Good luck. It is fun when everything just begins to fall into place.

NO sore throat and yes you can eat afterward if you are not too tired from the sedation. You should be asleep and KNOW nothing until it is over. No prep it is easy for you, just arrive and have an iv started and you are out like a light. NO PROBLEM.

Brandy,

What Sandie said was my experience too. I didn't even have a sore throat. All I know is the Doctor said we are starting your knock out drops and the next thing I knew is that I was awake and then on my way home with a stop at IHOP for breakfast.

Joy

Back