• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pear Blosson Run 5k & 10 mile

TwoMas

Saturday April 14th Medford Oregon, I am going for the 10 miles, been doing 6 miles a day 4 to 5 days a week and seems pretty effortless so we'll see what 4 more miles feels like, if I feel ok then I will try a 1/2 marathon the 28th in Etna I'll let you all know in a couple of weeks. :cool: Tom

Well Tom the run is less than a week away. I'll bet you're getting excited and starting to get packed. Make sure to take sun screen, sunglasses, protein bars and plenty of water bottles. Do you know if this event will have a web cam covering it? If so please post the address here so we can check in. You'll also need to let us know what your number is so we can find you in the crowd.

Hi Pat, Hope all is well. There's no web cam as far as I know but the following lik gives the course routes and history of the run (http://www.pearblossomrun.com/index.htm). I have been running or getting on the staire climber for 6+ miles a day 4 to 5 times a week for the past 5 weeks, I wanted to get out and run this week but I am in class for 9 hours a day all week but if the weather is nice I will get a couple of runs in this week in the morning, we have been getting rain and freezing temps on and off, I just hope the weather is good on saturday. I only live an hour from Medford where the run is so my travel wont be too bad, it is just waking up early on my day off I dread LOL. They have a few check points so I will start off with a bottle of water and pick up a fresh bottle at every check point, one of my daughters is going to stage about half way with a protien shake for me, otherwise I get a little shakey, I notice that after I run 6 miles on my dailey run at work. I will be runner #1183 rain or shine but I am hoping for sun. Thanks for the support Pat and Myfuturelooksbright. :cool: Tom

Tom
good luck on this weeks' run, you're an inspiration to the rest of us, you're dedicated and you'll do good, like the others have said be prepared and souns like you are, you have your water and protien shakes all lined out for yourself. you've come a long ways and should be proud of yourself and your accomplishments. Can't wait to hear your story after the race.
praying you have strength like Samson , I know you'll do good.
Donna

Thanks Tom, I'll check out the website. I'll pray for nice weather with perhaps with a tailwind to help everyone out a little *LOL* Good luck!!!

1 hour 44 min 41 sec:p I felt pretty good through the whole race but my legs started getting a little tired that last 1/4 mile, I think may do another run on the 28th :cool: Tom

Congratulations Tom, sounds like you had a fun time and that's the important thing. I was thinking about you running the race this morning so thanks for posting. Are those your daughters in the pic?

TwoMas

Tom you did good, as others have said I can't imagine running much else so many miles. keep smiling for you've done great. your determination has paid off, you've shown all of us what is possible with our new healthy lives !
job well done
Donna

Back