• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

People who judge you....grr

Mlockwoo79

So. I’ve been telling people about the surgery. I’m not hiding it or anything.

I’ve had TWO people tell me today “you’re not big enough”. Wtf. You don’t know me or my health. OR what I weigh. Or my risk factors. I feel a little shamed for not being “fat enough” to take charge of my body and make these changes.

End of rant.

I’m sorry you’re dealing with that. My mom said something along the lines of, you’re overweight not by much. She really has NO idea by how much. So much so that I have chronic pain because of the weight on my joints. Never feel bad for making your health a priority. After all that’s what this is-your body, your weight, your health, the number one priority!

I’m sorry you’re dealing with that. My mom said something along the lines of, you’re overweight not by much. She really has NO idea by how much. So much so that I have chronic pain because of the weight on my joints. Never feel bad for making your health a priority. After all that’s what this is-your body, your weight, your health, the number one priority!
Exactly!!! I want to enjoy life and I just CAN’T at this weight. I need the seat belt extender on airplanes, it hurts to bend over, my knees hurt. You all understand. I was like this isn’t some joke or fad diet.

I’ve had TWO people tell me today “you’re not big enough”. Wtf. You don’t know me or my health. OR what I weigh. Or my risk factors. I feel a little shamed for not being “fat enough” to take charge of my body and make these changes.

End of rant.
People are so freaking rude. Who the hell asked for your opinion!

Saboteurs are everywhere! For whatever reason, it makes them feel better when you are overweight. They believe that the fact that you are taking control of your body, taking responsibility for your actions, and becoming healthier, somehow will shine a light on everything they are not doing.

Life is a stage populated by a cast. When one member of the cast goes off someone else's script, the rest of the characters fight to get them back on that script.

Write your own script. The people that don't truly love you will fade away. The ones who do, will come around more and be attracted by your strength.

I am sorry that you are dealing with this. You are correct that no one knows what your risk factors and such are. You know what the right choice is for you and your situation. Stay strong in that, accept the support from those that are supportive, and let the rest just slide off your back.

You all are so in tune with this all. I've been hiding because I know it would be said I've taken the "easy way out". Yeah, right! I've had to defend myself in the past with the morbidly obese BMI statement. So, now, I'm falling back on my esophageal surgery. See, I have an esaphagus that won't stop spasming so my docs have a surgery planned. Not! I'm actually doing bypass which will cure the esophagus spasms as a by-product. It's a good way to hide the truth but I feel so shameful for lying.

End of rant.
After my weight loss I feel amazing and you will also. My mind, body, confidence are so much better. I actually like who I am now. You are in control, nobody else!

You all are so in tune with this all. I've been hiding because I know it would be said I've taken the "easy way out". Yeah, right! I've had to defend myself in the past with the morbidly obese BMI statement. So, now, I'm falling back on my esophageal surgery. See, I have an esaphagus that won't stop spasming so my docs have a surgery planned. Not! I'm actually doing bypass which will cure the esophagus spasms as a by-product. It's a good way to hide the truth but I feel so shameful for lying.
I believe it's noone's business but our own. This decision is so personal! Noone has the right to judge us for having it just as noone has the right to judge us for not having it. I told an inner circle of people only. Everyone else can stay out of my business! Don't be ashamed for anything relating to this surgery! If you need to mislead in order to protect yourself, do it. Forgive yourself and know that you are worth protecting.

Back