• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

plateau

I have noticed that I am plateauing 7 weeks out of surgery, Is this normal?

WELCOME to the Forum!!!

How long have you plateaued for? Weight is usually lost and then the body adjusts for awhile and weight loss stops and then weight is lost again. Then the cycle repeats itself over and over again. In the beginning plateaus usually last from a few days to about a week but as time goes on plateaus can last much longer. Not to worry, this is normal. Just follow the surgeon's instructions, don't stretch out your tummy, and you will lose a lot of weight.

Good luck!

Cheyenne:cool:

WELCOME to the Forum!!!

How long have you plateaued for? Weight is usually lost and then the body adjusts for awhile and weight loss stops and then weight is lost again. Then the cycle repeats itself over and over again. In the beginning plateaus usually last from a few days to about a week but as time goes on plateaus can last much longer. Not to worry, this is normal. Just follow the surgeon's instructions, don't stretch out your tummy, and you will lose a lot of weight.

Good luck!

Cheyenne:cool:

Cheyenne give good information!

Many plateaus will occur as you lose weight.

I have a weight chart I believe in my gallery; take a look. Many plateaus on my way down to 196.6. I am now maintaining between 196 to 199.8. I don't allow 200 to happen and if it does I go into emergency cut back mode (back to 1200 calories instead of the 1500 to 1800 I can have maintaining.)

Take a look here: >>>> http://www.americanbariatrics.org/album.php?albumid=9009

Back