• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS

Here's a list of positive affirmations anyone can use.

I recorded my affirmations to my computer & then burned them to a CD. I stuck the CD in anywhere--in my discman when going for a walk or doing anything where I wanted to tune out the world, in my CD player to play in the background while working around the house, in the gym when on a long, repetitive session on the elliptical, etc.

AFFIRMATIONS WORK. Your brain is starving for love and self-esteem. Yet all it thinks about is how ugly you feel or what rude thing someone said to you, or the road-rager who cut you off and gave you the finger, or the state of the earth, or politics, or relationships, or unresolved issues and fears.

Affirmations should always be spoken in the present-tense. "I am beautiful," not "I'm becoming beautiful" or "I will be beautiful soon." some of the ones i list here are future-oriented. Don't use them if you find yourself arguing with them in your head.

Whatever you do, use affirmations. Studies of the brain's receptors while listening to various sounds prove it is sensitive to input and always reacts. The more positive information you use to stimulate your brain, the stronger those messages will be. As They grow, you will have less room for the negative and less desire to listen to those messages.

Affirmations can help you with weight loss. Pay special attention to any affirmation that makes you feel conflicted. In that case, double-down on it. Keep saying it until the conflict is resolved. You're arguing with yourself, but really, the argument is with old memories, like tape recordings, that just keep looping through. Create a new loop. Think beautiful. Think positively.

Repeat these over and over until they become the leader of your memories. They work. They've worked for me.. They work for all those people who do motivational speaking, and for the people who listen to them speak. A habit is acquired through repetition. It was just as hard to gain weight as it was to lose it, but you might not see it that way because the tapes are lying to you.

When you're working your body, work your brain. Memorize these. Soon they will be you and you will be strong and so many negatives will fall away, you'll wonder how you ever felt that way.

Claim your life and your recovery and your thinking today.

I am full of optimism
I am a positive thinker
I always find the positive in everything
I feel great about myself and my life
I think positive thoughts and radiate positive energy with ease
I am full of positive thoughts from the moment I wake up
I am someone that others are drawn to because of my positivity
I think positively even in difficult or stressful situations
I find it easy to have positive thoughts at will
Positive thinking is a natural part of who I am
I am effortlessly positive
I think positively no matter what
Positive thinking transformed my life
I always choose positive thoughts over negative thoughts
Positive thinking feels natural every day
I harness the power of positive thinking to reach my goals
Life is getting better all the time!
I am someone who always radiates positive energy
My ability to think positively lifts the people around me
I am someone who feels naturally positive all the time
Positive thinking comes easily to me
I enjoy thinking positively and it just feels natural
I always feel optimistic, no matter what life throws my way
Thinking positively is just the way my mind works
Each day my thoughts become more and more positive
Others look up to me because of my positive attitude
My optimism positively transforms my reality
Being a positive thinker is an important part of who I am
Thinking positively feels natural and normal for me
Staying positive no matter what is just who I am

Here's a list of positive affirmations anyone can use.

I recorded my affirmations to my computer & then burned them to a CD. I stuck the CD in anywhere--in my discman when going for a walk or doing anything where I wanted to tune out the world, in my CD player to play in the background while working around the house, in the gym when on a long, repetitive session on the elliptical, etc.

AFFIRMATIONS WORK. Your brain is starving for love and self-esteem. Yet all it thinks about is how ugly you feel or what rude thing someone said to you, or the road-rager who cut you off and gave you the finger, or the state of the earth, or politics, or relationships, or unresolved issues and fears.

Affirmations should always be spoken in the present-tense. "I am beautiful," not "I'm becoming beautiful" or "I will be beautiful soon." some of the ones i list here are future-oriented. Don't use them if you find yourself arguing with them in your head.

Whatever you do, use affirmations. Studies of the brain's receptors while listening to various sounds prove it is sensitive to input and always reacts. The more positive information you use to stimulate your brain, the stronger those messages will be. As They grow, you will have less room for the negative and less desire to listen to those messages.

Affirmations can help you with weight loss. Pay special attention to any affirmation that makes you feel conflicted. In that case, double-down on it. Keep saying it until the conflict is resolved. You're arguing with yourself, but really, the argument is with old memories, like tape recordings, that just keep looping through. Create a new loop. Think beautiful. Think positively.

Repeat these over and over until they become the leader of your memories. They work. They've worked for me.. They work for all those people who do motivational speaking, and for the people who listen to them speak. A habit is acquired through repetition. It was just as hard to gain weight as it was to lose it, but you might not see it that way because the tapes are lying to you.

When you're working your body, work your brain. Memorize these. Soon they will be you and you will be strong and so many negatives will fall away, you'll wonder how you ever felt that way.

Claim your life and your recovery and your thinking today.

I am full of optimism
I am a positive thinker
I always find the positive in everything
I feel great about myself and my life
I think positive thoughts and radiate positive energy with ease
I am full of positive thoughts from the moment I wake up
I am someone that others are drawn to because of my positivity
I think positively even in difficult or stressful situations
I find it easy to have positive thoughts at will
Positive thinking is a natural part of who I am
I am effortlessly positive
I think positively no matter what