• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post -Op ( 8 days)

No. Your hunger and fullness hormones are not currently back online. It can take weeks. So you have to be careful to eat only the amounts suggested to you by your bariatric team. Because if you do eat too much it is very uncomfortable.

Skip the water for 30 minutes before and after meals. It takes up space, even if you do not feel it.

No. Your hunger and fullness hormones are not currently back online. It can take weeks. So you have to be careful to eat only the amounts suggested to you by your bariatric team. Because if you do eat too much it is very uncomfortable.

Skip the water for 30 minutes before and after meals. It takes up space, even if you do not feel it.
Thank you so much! I was getting worried. I've felt "FULL" with protein shakes and just regular water but this time I didn't get that feeling so I was starting to freak out a little!

Thank you so much! I was getting worried. I've felt "FULL" with protein shakes and just regular water but this time I didn't get that feeling so I was starting to freak out a little!
Something more or less similar happened to me. I could eat more than what I thought I would be able to. Restriction is not designed to work on liquids, but you will certainly feel it when consuming thicker consistencies. Solids are also much more “filling”, once you are there. Having said that, I definitely could eat more than what most people report to have been able to.

It’s also a little tricky to know your new limits, so make sure to drink slowly and wait for your new stomach to tell you when it’s had enough.

this may not apply to you, but it's really important to put your eating utensil down on the table between bites. Then put your hands in your lap and slowly chew any solids or semi-solids in your soup or cereal or solid food. Take very small bites, but try to chew each one 20 times. This is really hard, and for me, it was maddening, but I got used to it eventually.

I was married to a man who chewed his food 90 times before swallowing. Even though it ws none of my business, it drove me nuts. I could literally eat the same amount and chew it only three to five times. That's part of an eating disorder. So is chewing 90 times. How one eats is important and make a difference between how a food goes down or gets stuck.

Back