• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post-op from 2013

Hi Dmsharrow, welcome to our group. I've had a sedentary job for over 25 years so I know that doesn't help but I am now retired. Are you able to get a 15-20 minute walk during your lunch break? Or arrive early and take a short walk before starting your day? I use to try to implement those things while I was still working. I know that the less we exercise the more likely we are to feel tired, sluggish and tend to snack more. I also watch a lot of Youtube videos that are inspirational. For me, working on the inside to get the right mindset is just as important. Wishing you luck, think positively, you can do this!

I think you are referring to Erin Branscom's My Level 10 Life. Love her, she has given much inspiration. She's done it for over 3 years and she is very transparent. You can see that she just got better and better at it as she went along but it is really cool to see where she started as well.

Sliding back into bad habits since I moved to SC 2-1/2 yrs ago and changed jobs to sedentary
It's great that you recognize this challenge. What are you trying to do about it?

Can you find a partner at work who'll go for a walk with you during lunch? Can you put a mini-bicycle exerciser under your desk, keep barbells handy to do curls while reading or on the phone?

I dont know what you do for a living, but if you have a job that keeps you sedentary for nine hours, fitting little aids like that can help.

I dont know what bad habits you're sliding into, but they seem tied to your relocation. Too many hush puppies?

How can we help? We're here for you.

Back