• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post-op Surgery

Nannee2-2

Hi everyone ☺ I had my gastric sleeve surgery on the 30th. Everything went very well in spite of my being high risk. I am very grateful and thankful to God for that. I'm having trouble getting 64 oz of fluid down each day. Also having horrible nausea. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I beg to differ. Why would you say that? I've had a prescription for 14 years and couldn't function without it.

Please cite any scientific resources that led you to this erroneous conclusion.

Group, much of our advice is based on personal experience. Please don't take it as gospel. If a member makes a claim do some research. We don't need one person's experience to find factual pathology that ONLY OUR BODIES might be affected by.

I beg to differ. Why would you say that? I've had a prescription for 14 years and couldn't function without it.

Group, much of our advice is based on personal experience. Please don't take it as gospel. If a member makes a claim do some research. We don't need one person's experience to find factual pathology that ONLY OUR BODIES might be affected by.
Hi Dianeseatlle, I'm on the "O" medicine excuse the O I cannot remember how to spell it. I'm wondering if I'm on enough milligrams. I take 20 mg once daily. I just ate a sugar free popsicle and my stomach is flipping and flopping. Just about anything I try to drink makes me nauseous. Broth, water, protein shakes, even the sugar free jello! I'm going to call my Dr. tomorrow.

There are certainly other antiemetics that your doctor could prescribe to try. Omeprazole is a proton-pump inhibitor and not an antiemetic, but I imagine it helps some people feel less nauseous as well, although that isn't it's primary function and it's not usually prescribed for nausea.

Make sure you aren't drinking too fast...sip tiny bits at a time, even if you think you've been drinking tiny sips, slow it down some more and see how it goes.

Ondansetron is frequently prescribed with omeprazole, but if you are already on that I'm sure your doctor could prescribe something else. Definitely call soon to try something else. I've had to try different prescriptions in the past for nausea until I found the right one.

Good luck!

I'm not sure why you continue to find joy in picking apart my posts or certain other members post- this seems to be a pattern. You continue to make your posts like they are the gospel, where is your back up of scientific evidence that this is what this med is for? What about evidence behind all your other post? Last I check this is a forum where everybody gets to have their thoughts with out being policed.

I have seen you post on anothers post about being careful of what is said to basically not scare others away...good advice for EVERYBODY.

Hi Dianeseatlle, I'm on the "O" medicine excuse the O I cannot remember how to spell it. I'm wondering if I'm on enough milligrams. I take 20 mg once daily. I just ate a sugar free popsicle and my stomach is flipping and flopping. Just about anything I try to drink makes me nauseous. Broth, water, protein shakes, even the sugar free jello! I'm going to call my Dr. tomorrow.
Do you have an answer from your doc yet? What you're going through sounds like it deserves medical attention.

Back