• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post-Op

CodySt

Hello! I had the Roux en Y Gastric Bypass surgery on Oct. 5th. Everything seems to be going as expected, every day gets a big better. Today was not a good day, mentally, for some reason. The past 12 hours have been rough but I remembered about support groups. After reading through this form for the past hour and a half, reading everyone's experiences, I am feeling much better! Glad I found this group.

Hi Cody, and welcome to the group.

Welcome to the group!! Glad that everything is going as expected for you. I had sleeve surgery on August 17th and I'm doing great. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, the members here are always willing to help and will answer your questions. Good luck with your recovery!!

Welcome Cody
I had RNY on 9-28-20 - so I am 1 week ahead of you
I too have really good days since surgery and have had one or two days where I just want to climb in bed and watch tv all day
I am doing normal things around the house - laundry / dishes and what not
But we need to remember we are healing so its ok to just relax and be lazy
Not to mention what our insides just went thru
We have so much to look forward too - I need to remind myself to take it easy right now - I am 12 days post op
Whenever you need a pep talk just look to this board
Desiree

I don't think anyone could have summed it up better than Desiree just did. Stick around, keep reading, try not to worry, and just trust the process. If you need any kind of additional help, go to YouTube and look for affirmations that relate to self-esteem and weight loss and success. Those are amazingly helpful!

Back