• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post-Open Sleeve, newbie here

R.C.

Hi everyone. .

I'm @ 6.5 wks post-op. Can't say this is the easiest thing I've ever done...After a very rough start, a Hiatal hernia, a tumor found & removed, i had my throat cut up by a bad anestiologist tech, my surgery was postponed 3 times. But, I hung in there & have made it to week 6! :) i'm just about 40 lbs down, have stalled & still having difficulty taking in protein & liquids. But looking forward to the rest of my life. Boy, whoda thunk... Breaking up with food was so hard to do? !! :) Nice to meet you all.

Hi everyone. .

I'm @ 6.5 wks post-op. Can't say this is the easiest thing I've ever done...After a very rough start, a Hiatal hernia, a tumor found & removed, i had my throat cut up by a bad anestiologist tech, my surgery was postponed 3 times. But, I hung in there & have made it to week 6! :) i'm just about 40 lbs down, have stalled & still having difficulty taking in protein & liquids. But looking forward to the rest of my life. Boy, whoda thunk... Breaking up with food was so hard to do? !! :) Nice to meet you all.
Hi ... I like that .... "breaking up with food". I'm new .... haven't gotten my surgery date but in the mean time... getting ready for the big day.

My nutritionist recommended calling after two weeks, I am interested to see if yours is the same? I have gone nearly 2 weeks at a time without pounds being lost, but in that time I was losing inches, and then all of a sudden the scale would drop my weight about 10lbs. so don't panic if you stall, it is normal! I didn't realize that at first and got super frustrated in the beginning, but it actually happens a lot and I've gotten used to it. Now I just make sure I don't go over 14 days and that I'm on track with protein, water and food. Best of luck!

My nutritionist recommended calling after two weeks, I am interested to see if yours is the same? I have gone nearly 2 weeks at a time without pounds being lost, but in that time I was losing inches, and then all of a sudden the scale would drop my weight about 10lbs. so don't panic if you stall, it is normal! I didn't realize that at first and got super frustrated in the beginning, but it actually happens a lot and I've gotten used to it. Now I just make sure I don't go over 14 days and that I'm on track with protein, water and food. Best of luck!

Back