• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

post surgery

Really glad you asked.

Yuuuuuuuup.

Actually, immediately post-surgery was really hard - I had the most severe, debilitating hunger pains I've ever had in my life. However eating ice chips in the hospital made the pangs go away when nurses giving me IV pain meds could not. Then, over the following week I would get the same hunger pangs every now and then so strong it would temporary cripple me, doubling over in pain. Just a shocking amount of hunger. It terrified me that instead of cutting back on the amount of ghrelin hormone my surgery accidentally increased it lol.

However, around day 10 or 12, somewhere in there - I realized I had stopped getting these huge pangs. Talking with my doc during a follow up, he said I was experiencing surgical pains - not hunger pains. I guess I simply was unable to tell the difference. Fast forward 7 months later, I get hungry and hangry and even get sharp pangs if I don't eat something...but nothing at all like immediately out of surgery.
Interesting thanks for the input...how have u done with ur weight loss?

Back