• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pre-admission done on Monday-Surgery on Monday Dec 17, 2012

CarolF5

Greetings;

Well my Pre anesthesia screening was done on Monday. They took my blood, did an EKG and told me to stop taking any multivitamin/vitamin. Then on Saturday I am no longer to take my diabetic meds. Plus,when I leave the hospital they said I will no longer be on my diabetic meds.
From there I went over to Cardiology for clearance. Since I already just had an EKG they didn't give me one. told me my heart was good nothing wrong, however they wanted a baseline of what my heart looks like before Surgery and so I get to go tomorrow for an Echocardiagram at 2:30pm.

Today I had my Upper EGD, it was done by my surgeon and he found a Hiatus Hernia which he says was the cause of my Reflux problem. Most likely will take care of that on the table.

Thursday at 8am need to be there at 07:30-it is Vascular to check for blood clots in my legs. After that then it is on to Radiology for a 9:30am appt -need to be there at 9am for an Ultrasound of the Gallbladder to check for stones.

After all that I get a momentary break to go to lunch and then need to be at my surgeon's for a 1:30 appt-be there at 1pm.
Then it is home to go to sleep so hubby and I can go to work that night.

Friday Pre-op will call before 1:30pm to let me know the exact time of the surgery, what time to be there, etc.. I already know where.

Busy, busy, busy. Whew!!!!

Carol

GREAT you are on your final lap! You will be fine, just do as they tell you, walk as much as you can, use your pain meds, drink your fluids when they offer them as much as possible and you are on your way to a new life!!! Let us know as soon as you can how you are doing!

Thank you. last of my appts today. Vascular to check for clots and Radiology for gallbladder scan to check for gallstones. Then my final before surgery visit with my surgeon to sign his final papers and he will sign my FMLA papers for Human Resources and I will get my final instructions before my surgery on Monday. Moving right alone here....

Carol

Back