• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pre-op Diet

Metamucil 4 in 1 Fiber Supplement. I'm not sure how many calories in the regular but the sugar free version has 15 per teaspoon so it's negligible. And it will come in handy after surgery, as well. Many people continue to have constipation issues, especially during the liquid diet.

Good luck bellasade!!
My liquid pre op is just 3 days. Surgery is on Tues May 11. I just stared day 1.... so far ok.. It's 10:45pm See how tomorrow goes!
After reading a few older posts I'm starting to wonder..... like do I have the mental strength to get through this. Will my relationship w my Hubs be the same...
Am I strong enough for all the changes a new life will bring?

You can do it. Anyone can.

Doubts are often part of your eating disorder. You don't have to be bulimarexic to have an eating disorder.

There's a whole spectrum of effects that led you down one road, then another. Don't try to fix everything at once. Lower your expectations, breathe deeply and allow for love.

Do you know that if you, right now, smile for no reason, happiness will be signaled throughout your body?

If we're honest, we'll see that we can't fail without agreeing to do so. Refuse to lose.

You're the only person who deserves your respect.

I’m the same. I start tomorrow. Surgery May 24th.
best to you!!
I didn't get any instructions like that. I meet with the nutritionist & surgeon 6 days before my rny surgery so maybe they'll start me on a liquid diet then. I did get a bottle of benefiber after a suggestion I saw from Diane awhile ago. Not quite sure what to stock up on for the 1st few weeks other than beef & chicken broth, and Unjury powder. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Karen, I liked Isopure Zero Carb clear protein water. It has 40g of protein in a 20oz bottle. There may be other brands that have as much, but that is what they gave me in the hospital, so that's what I bought. Protein 2o clear only has between 15 and 20g per 20oz bottle. I was never going to manage 80oz of liquid those first few weeks.

Karen, I liked Isopure Zero Carb clear protein water. It has 40g of protein in a 20oz bottle. There may be other brands that have as much, but that is what they gave me in the hospital, so that's what I bought. Protein 2o clear only has between 15 and 20g per 20oz bottle. I was never going to manage 80oz of liquid those first few weeks.
Where do you find that Isopure protein water? I've seen the Protein 2o at Sam's Club & I've tried and liked the Premier Protein chocolate drinks. I'm worried it'll taste too sweet, esp soon after surgery.

Good luck bellasade!!
My liquid pre op is just 3 days. Surgery is on Tues May 11. I just stared day 1.... so far ok.. It's 10:45pm See how tomorrow goes!
After reading a few older posts I'm starting to wonder..... like do I have the mental strength to get through this. Will my relationship w my Hubs be the same...
Am I strong enough for all the changes a new life will bring?
Good luck Chrissy!

Where do you find that Isopure protein water? I've seen the Protein 2o at Sam's Club & I've tried and liked the Premier Protein chocolate drinks. I'm worried it'll taste too sweet, esp soon after surgery.

GNC. When I went they only had lemonade (which is pretty good infused with a few leaves of basil). You'll only need a few bottles to start. Once you get to full liquids (usually week 2 or 3) you can go back to your premier.

GNC. When I went they only had lemonade (which is pretty good infused with a few leaves of basil). You'll only need a few bottles to start. Once you get to full liquids (usually week 2 or 3) you can go back to your premier.
Great. Thanks for letting me know where to find it. I really like lemon added to my water so the lemonade flavor should work. I love the idea of adding basil leaves - never would have crossed my mind.

Back