• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pre-Op Liquid Diet

BigDaddy207

Hello everyone! I am a new member and just stumbled on to this site from the web. I know this has been a topic of conversation on here a lot but I am on day 2 of the pre-op liquid diet and I am struggling big time already with energy and my mood. Any suggestions on how to help this? I had a bunch of Arbonne Protein Powder left over from a fad cleanse I did a while back and so I have been using that but I am wondering if that just isn't enough protein to hold me over. I can have up to 5 shakes a day...as much sugar free jello and bullion that I want and one protein bar (New Direction). Anyone have a protein they recommend that maybe has a bit more protein than the 20 per shake I am currently getting?

Thanks!

I went out to Walmart and bought loads of different ones to try (ready made). You will be needing them after the surgery anyway, so they won’t go to waste. I like premier protein banana or strawberry. I also found some protein water I quite like.

Hello everyone! I am a new member and just stumbled on to this site from the web. I know this has been a topic of conversation on here a lot but I am on day 2 of the pre-op liquid diet and I am struggling big time already with energy and my mood. Any suggestions on how to help this? I had a bunch of Arbonne Protein Powder left over from a fad cleanse I did a while back and so I have been using that but I am wondering if that just isn't enough protein to hold me over. I can have up to 5 shakes a day...as much sugar free jello and bullion that I want and one protein bar (New Direction). Anyone have a protein they recommend that maybe has a bit more protein than the 20 per shake I am currently getting?

Thanks!
Hi, I drink Premier Protein chocolate shakes which have 30 grams each. Unfortunately, none of them are great but I've become accustomed to this one and like that it's got the 30 grams. Good luck!!!

Thanks!
It takes a while to get the swing of the pre-op diet. Make sure your shake mix has high protein and low carb. The carbs really mess with the mood and energy. The premier protein shakes are recommended by many doctors. Drink lots of water. Good luck.

I have been noticing what everyone is eating for liquid diet. Where do you buy bone broth? See nut Wed and not sure what they will require of me as for pre op diet. Noticed somebody ( sorry forgot) mentioned vegetable both by Emeril. Looking for that also if I can't find bone broth.
Thanks

Bone broth is the New Big Thing among trendy foodies. Back on the farm we just got the big soup bones we kept in our freezer after butchering our annual steer & made our own. Just cook bones with marrow & remnants of meat in salted water slowly, all day, & let it sit overnight. Skim off the fat the next day & use the broth as you wish. Makes a great jus for the French dip sandwich you can make at home ...though you wont be using it for that anytime soon! Just don't spend a fortune on it in the store. You can just ask the butcher for soup bones, cheap, & make it yourself.

I have been noticing what everyone is eating for liquid diet. Where do you buy bone broth? See nut Wed and not sure what they will require of me as for pre op diet. Noticed somebody ( sorry forgot) mentioned vegetable both by Emeril. Looking for that also if I can't find bone broth.
Thanks
Bone broth is in grocery store soup isle where broth is. Also Amazon

Had my phych and nut visit today. Phych was wired. Nut was very delightful! Weight loss before surgery is not required but don't gain weight from pre op to surgery otherwise will be cancelled. You are not following pre-op diet is my guess. They don't remove gallbladder. Give you something to prevent gallstones. See surgeon July 17th. Now I am considering runhy y instead.

Back