• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Preop prep!

Emacc08

I start my pre op today, theirs is 20 net carbs or less a day, and the day before surgery is liquid only. They recommended lots of green veggies and lots of protein, which is essential, but i feel like 20 net carbs is not alot of wiggle room.

After WLS I lost any interest in eating carbs - sweets, pasta, bread, potatoes etc. I think part of it was my new mindset, and partly I lost my craving for sweets of any kind.

I think you'll be successful in following the low carb plan for a few weeks, especially because you will be on the other side so soon. Good luck. I'm rooting for your success! ❤❤

I start my pre op today, theirs is 20 net carbs or less a day, and the day before surgery is liquid only. They recommended lots of green veggies and lots of protein, which is essential, but i feel like 20 net carbs is not alot of wiggle room.
You can do this! Every clinic has a different pre-diet. Mine was 2 weeks of liquids only -- yummy protein drinks :). But it does help get you ready and set you in a new mindset for after surgery. Keep your eye on the goal line and visit here often for when you need a positive word :)

Oh Heidi, glad to hear that! I have to do two weeks of liquid diet also. I do like shakes, and I have stocked up and ordered a variety of drinks lol just I want to succeed. How did you manage? Congratulations on the 17 lbs!

Back