• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pressure around the LAP Band site after sleeve insertion

Good morning everyone,

I really need some advice and to understand that I am going in the right direction. I underwent Gastric Sleeve Surgery (with removal of Lap Band) on March 6, 2018 at Orange Regional Medical Center, Middletown, NY. I am truly happy about my decision. I don't regret it at all. My surgeon and the hospital staff treated me like royalty and I had a wonderful experience pre and post op. If you need a weight loss program that will be attentive, informative and quality service, I highly recommend Orange Regional Medical Center. My post-op appointment is this Wednesday and I am sure I will get more answers, but I like to get feedback from others that underwent the same surgery to gain some knowledge on my journey.

My questions are the following:
1. When do you begin to feel some relief from the gas pain?
2. Do you feel pressure in your abdomen when you get up from bed (although I sleep at an upright position).
3. Do you feel pain around the site where the port was, when you had a lap band?
4. I am now on a "full liquid" diet. What food products did you find very helpful to have handy in the office?
Sorry for the long post :)), but I just want to be sure that I have all questions out there to avoid multiple posts.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated and thank you all for your support and providing such great information on this blog!

I had bypass but I can answer a few of these...
1. I felt full relief about a month out from surgery after having walked most of it out.
2. Yes, I felt that for a long time with the gas, but it eased once the gas was gone.
3. N/A
4. I actually am still on a liquid diet but yogurt, applesauce and cottage cheese are considered 'liquids' but are staples that I eat daily. I have a few CheezIts every once in awhile to increase my food intake because they don't upset my stomach :p

Back