• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Prime rib for Christmas???

Karen_golfs

My pre op diet full liquids started yesterday. Surgery is December 27. Last pre op surgeon visit is tomorrow. i have another list of questions.
My NUT called today to ask me what my plans were for Christmas dinner. My husband is fixing prime rib for the 3 kids (early 30's) and himself. I've got so many options it's mindboggling. I've got homemade broth in freezer, several flavors of Unjury, cottage cheese, sf pudding and jello, the list just goes on and on. I'm not concerned about losing my relationship with food. I'm happy to make a change in my life. I've researched an unbelievable amount of information and finding more ideas every day for food items I may not have even thought of.
The live support groups and online groups (like this great site) have provided loads of information. With the help of www.myfitnesspal.com I have managed to lose 20 pounds. Since I am self-pay I don't think this is going to hurt me at weigh-in tomorrow. That means only 80-90 pounds left.
The success stories and problems on this site only serve to give more info. I believe that the more education you get, the more successful you will be.
:rolleyes:
Wishing all of you peace and love.

Karen,

We should start a cheerleading squad for this forum and I nominate you for head cheerleader. You are so upbeat and always offer encouragement in your posts. I have absolutely no doubt that you are going to do fantastic after the surgery. Don't stop encouraging us and if you need any encouragement or advice, let us help you.

:cool:

I agree, I think you will do fantastic with your new attitude towards food and life. Will be thinking about you on your surgery date.

Back