• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Propranolol

Tokash

Anybody take this med? I am starting to come back to life after a 2 week stint of migraines that varied from painful to vertigo like. My bariatric doctor convinced me to try migraine meds again- I habnt been on Amy since surgery Sept. 2020. They seem to be helping but on the flip side I think they are causing constipation. I havnt had this issue post surgery and it only started happening after the medication

Propranolol is commonly used for treating high blood pressure, sometimes for migraines too. But, I would definitely keep an eye on your blood pressure for a while until you know if doesn't effect you. I haven't taken that but I was on a different migraine med that gave me stomach problems. (I can't remember the name of it) I cycled between constipation and diarrhea. Once I stopped the meds it stopped even though the neurologist was adamant that it wasn't the meds. Now I am on something new, but only as needed. (Also can't remember the name of it) It makes me extremely irritable and fatigue but works and I don't have to take it too much so I deal with it. And so does everyone around me..haha

It's a low dose but yes I am on 2 different low pressure meds with frequently low average blood pressure. I have to go in every 6 months for over all check. I have been on this med before with little luck but I'm willing to try again
I hope you get relief! Migraines are horrible! I have had to pull over and sit on the side of the road waiting for someone to come get me and my car.

I was prescribed this years before my surgery, but I couldn’t stay on it because it turned me into a lazy lump. Just couldn’t do anything. But since my migraines were hormone related, which they didn’t know at the time, it wouldn’t have helped anyways.

I was prescribed this years before my surgery, but I couldn’t stay on it because it turned me into a lazy lump. Just couldn’t do anything. But since my migraines were hormone related, which they didn’t know at the time, it wouldn’t have helped anyways.

Pretty sure it's not tied to hormones at all. Have a few ideas what. I met with a functional nutritionist today but not sure how I feel about it. She wants to switch up my vitamins which makes me uncomfortable but she has some other good ideas. I am meeting in a few weeks to meet with a functional medicine doc to look in to pros and cons of medical Marijuana and do have a back up of a referral to a neurologist but I really hate taking more meds then needed. However I'm pretty desperate at this point as I was not anywhere near fu crooning in this last episode and it was very obvious after the fact

Well I made it 8 days migrain free...and day 2 of the new round of migraines
You have my sympathy, or should I say empathy. I have gotten migraines as long as I can remember. For a while I took Topomax as a preventative, but it made my thinking fuzzy. Now I take sumatriptan (Imitrex) as needed.

I hope you recover from this latest migraine soon, and feel better fast!

Back