• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Protein Bars

Ask at your center. with the band that I have they said regular diet after six weeks so I am still in the process of learning what I can and cannot tolerate. I barely tolerate things in the morning and have to wait until later in the day for things like protein bars. Still have problems with dense meats and anything with a skin like apples and pears unless I peel them first or use canned fruit. It is a learning experience.

Carol-For RNY patients it is usually 5 or 6 months before protein bars can be tolerated. They are very dense and can be difficult to digest. Check with your nutritionist to be sure.

Ask at your center. with the band that I have they said regular diet after six weeks so I am still in the process of learning what I can and cannot tolerate. I barely tolerate things in the morning and have to wait until later in the day for things like protein bars. Still have problems with dense meats and anything with a skin like apples and pears unless I peel them first or use canned fruit. It is a learning experience.
It's been 8 years and I still have trouble with meat and skins... I refuse to get fills because I am tired of all the throwing up. I put slit of my weight back on over the years, but now I found some portion shakes and other nutritional products that have helped me to take the weight back off without getting sick every time I eat... Lol

Back