• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Protein drinks & shakes

They told us about Biotin and also Flintstones Complete chewable vitamins but I do not see that the Flintstones complete have any Iron but could be wrong. Will start to take the Hair, Skin and Nails now so have a load on when I have surgery, then after surgery do the Flintstones chewables.

Hi, Sandie, my rny is tomorrow. I have been using (and will continue to use) Gold Standard Whey Protein powder. I have only used the vanilla ice cream flavor. It has 25g of protein per serving and you can mix it with milk or water, coffee whatever. I like the taste. If you have lactose tolerance issues then the best is Isopure pure whey protein. of course you cannot mix with milk. I use it because i like it, and since I have no lactose problem i mix with milk. Both are available at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe. The Isopure is twice as expensive and it also has vitamins. Both are very low carb, no fat, and less than 2g sugar. They can be a little sweet, so at times I mix some plain cocoa in it or instant coffee.

pjb Best of luck tomorrow, sure you will be fine but do get back on when you can and let us know how it is going, how you are doing. You will be in our thoughts!

Back