• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Protein Powder changed

DCJanet

I am peeved. :mad:
I have been using GenPro Protein powder at 7.2 grams a serving(.6 carb, .6 sugar, 58.7 calories and 30g Protein (supposedly). Now its changed and with a larger scoop (11 grams), carbs and sugars are zero (nice) and calories are less as well (44). But the protein is a third less (11g) .
I am easily getting 40 to 50 during a day this was my safety net / buffer / insurance.
I have looked everywhere and it is gone (Walmart, GNC, Amazon etc...). It's only the new "improved:" version that I can find. :( I did find it on ebay - the price is insane $65 for a 30 serving bag was the cheapest I saw.
This was so convenient. It was flavorless and mixed well with everything I put it in. Now I need more to get a two thirds less.

What protein supplements / powders are you using? Looking for something that is flavorless and mixes well.
Right now Unjury looks like the best option - has anyone used?

I would appreciate any reviews, suggestions or even someone to commiserate with.

HW: 317 CW:191 Surgery was April 22 2021

Welcome, Janet, and congratulations on your phenomenal weight loss.

I feel your pain. A few faves of mine have been taken off markets. If I knew it was happening, I bought as much as I could lay my hands on.

I would contact the company. I did this with the makers of Milkman and got some good results. It may not help enough, but you might be surprised. Sometimes the identical product goes OEM, same stuff, different company's label, and you can switch.

Good luck.

Back