• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Protein shakes...help!

I'm having a hard time getting enough protein. The shakes I've tried are Unjury and Premier Protein. There is something about the smell. Does anyone have other suggestions?
I have been using EAS Advantage Carb Control 17 Gm protein, No sugar, 2 net carbs, 110 calories from Walmart. They taste good. No smell. My problem is I am lactose intolerant & they just discontinued their soy based drink. The reformulated one is milk based. But am sure it's tasty if you can tolerate milk.

Hi NannyG, I've found some lactose free drinks available through www.AmBariNutrition.com that you might be interested in. I believe most of their shakes have whey in them, however, most of the fruit drinks have at least 15g of protein and are lactose free. Hope this helps! :)

I'm having a hard time getting enough protein. The shakes I've tried are Unjury and Premier Protein. There is something about the smell. Does anyone have other suggestions?

I bought a chocolate whey protein isolate shake from americanwhey.com. It got rave reviews for its flavor. I don't have surgery until next week, so I don't know the taste myself. Recommended mixing with milk or almond milk. I plan on using skim milk.

I've been told to really watch carb intake. My doc requires that we use a shake that has whey protein isotope in it. Digests easier than just whey protein. Harder to find though. The brand I just got is chocolate. All of the reviews said it was good if blended with skim milk or almond milk. I don't have my surgery until next Tues, so I haven't tried it yet. Been on the doc's shakes for 2 weeks and got the other shakes last week.

Back