• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Protein Smoothie with Greek Yogurt

Carin H

Hi all, I'm new. Surgery was July 22 Sleeve conversion to RNy due to medical problem.

My husband makes these amazing Protein smoothie with greek yogurt. I am on a pureed diet (2oz per meal) with protein shakes in between. Greek yogurt is marked as a pureed protein. Anyone think it is a problem if I drink it in a smoothie too outside of meal time?

I certainly can't see why not. Some dieticians include yogurt in the liquid diet phase and the pureed phase. It's a nice bit of extra protein. Almost every protein drink I've made since surgery has had greek yogurt in it, and I don't plan on changing that when I start the pureed phase.

IF YOU do, use Fage!

My husband makes his own with a starter of Chobani Plain Greek and a gallon of Skim milk in the Instant Pot and then strains it for 24 hrs. I have not figured out exactly what the stats are for it tho.

does it set up OK? I've made my own yogurt for years (now in my Instant Pot), and I always used 2% because I'd read anything less doesn't really set up correctly. Does it? If so, I may try it.

I wanted to reiterate this so that it doesn't get lost among the discussion. I have never seen yogurt that had a higher protein content. It's like totally unbelievable. Our two goals are protein grams and water. This is a great way to get protein and the calorie ratio is almost perfect. For every 10 calories of food you consume you should get one gram of protein.

Back