• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Protein

sue vetter

Hi everyone! I'm new to the group and just had surgery tue end of December. I'm having problems with my protein. I have tried isopure, body tech and have hated all of them. Anyone have a suggestion on a great protein drink preferably with water? Thanks so much!

Try Protien2O, Nectar brand, premier, or premier clear. I switch between them based on what I feel like. They all have different flavors. Try a few and see what you like best.

Hi everyone! I'm new to the group and just had surgery tue end of December. I'm having problems with my protein. I have tried isopure, body tech and have hated all of them. Anyone have a suggestion on a great protein drink preferably with water? Thanks so much!
Are you looking for a protein supplement because you're not getting enough protein from your diet? If so I can't really help except just say the MetRX brand protein bars had the highest ratio of protein to calories of all the ones I ate.

As I was acclimating myself to my new way of eating, I just looked for the highest yield of protein in every type of food. Then I made sure I Incorporated mostly protein in my breakfast and lunch so I would get 60 to 70 g of protein before dinner. The real star of this show was of course turkey, white meat. I didn't use anything processed. I roasted it myself and weighed into the right size portions. It has the highest ratio of protein to calories so you can get half your daily protein in a small serving. You have to read the nutritional labels to make sure that your getting the highest protein turkey with the fewest additives.

I rely on this resource:

Last edited:
I love the iso-100 dymatyzed chocolate peanutbutter. Taste like a Reece’s peanut butter cup. And Quest chocolate milkshake flavor is really good too with a little milk.

Bariatric Choice drink concentrate. I hate the proteins too. 15 grams per pouch and I add to 16 ounces of water.

I like the syntax nectar. I buy the packers that come in different flavors from Amazon. It costs a little more but it gives me variety and if I finally decide I really like one, I can buy the container.

Back