• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Psychiatric testing

Goose

My question is for a friend because I am 23 years out from my RNY!
She completed a very long detailed psych evaluation questionnaire and has an upcoming appointment with the psychiatrist. When she goes for her appointment she was told she would have to complete a computer portion for further testing. Has anyone experienced additional testing on the computer after completing the testing in their packet? Thanks!

Actually, I had a long psych evaluation at some point in my post-op phase. But I was enrolled in a 7-year study at the university hospital where my RYGB was performed. I think it's an important step, and should be required pre-op. I'm sure the reason your friend is being required to do this is because bariatric surgeries have soared in the last 20 years, and insurance companies usually pay. So it's not unreasonable to require it to make sure it's a necessary step. But like you, my surgery was a long time ago, and I was a research subject, so there were more logical reasons.

My question is for a friend because I am 23 years out from my RNY!
She completed a very long detailed psych evaluation questionnaire and has an upcoming appointment with the psychiatrist. When she goes for her appointment she was told she would have to complete a computer portion for further testing. Has anyone experienced additional testing on the computer after completing the testing in their packet? Thanks!
I already had a therapist so my psych eval was talking on the phone two or three times with their psychiatrist and them talking with mine. Easy.

Back