• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Psychiatrist Meeting

NewMee

I had my psychiatrist meeting and it went very well! I was there for 60 minutes and the doctor was very comforting to talk to. Basically it was questions(life style throughout growing up with eating, the type of surgery I want and why, and how I'll go about reaching my goal) being asked from my paperwork I filled out before I got there and her advice given to me to. No other sessions were needed. I found it fairly easy to talk but that is also how I usually am. She could probably tell I did research(reading books, support groups, etc.) with understanding what is so important with your new stomach and what the requirements will be to follow to avoid other things happening such as dumping or food getting stuck, etc. It really isn't anything to be nervous about like I was prior to going! They are part of the team and there to help if you need them!

Hope everyone is doing well and still striving for the stars! Best wishes to all on their journeys~~

Yes, and if you have a good bariatric center, the psychologist will be available post-op if you need some guidance.

I met with my psych eval a week ago. I to have done much research and reading of the procedures that are offered. We covered much of the same as you described. The dr doesn't require a post-op appt but is available if needed. I thought that was supporting of her. An individual never knows how their going to react with all the changes that will occur post-op.
Best wishes on your journey !!!

Back