• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Questions

LaurieJ

Oh, the questions I will probably have with this journey, lol.
I'm in the early stages of my weight loss journey. I have my psych evaluation Feb 4th, I have 2 more nutrition visits to go. It's been a long road for me with my weight. I have connective tissue disease which makes it very hard to exercise. Losing excess weight will make my joints and muscles feel better. I was also diagnosed with Crohn's disease a little over a year ago. One doctor said the inflammation was due to taking ibuprofen with prednisone. I knew it was a big no no but I did it anyway. Another doctors says I have Crohns. I have never had any symptoms of Crohns in spite of what Ive been told. Here's my question. Does anyone here have Crohns and had gastric bypass? The surgeon I selected had been through my records and referring me to where I need to go to have the surgery so I'm guessing Crohns wont be an issue, if in fact that's what it really is. Thanks in advance!

Back