• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

quick question

I really don't know anything about a pouch reset and perhaps I am too early in my journey for that but I support you! I might just do an all liquid New Year's day just to get myself back on track after the holidays. Some days I've been good, some not so good these past few weeks. Dealing with a bunch of emotional stress, my daughter broke her sobriety, got arrested and then was admitted into the hospital. She is home now but trying to deal with the fallout. I know I need to put this aside and concentrate on my own health. Having the holidays treats surround you at a time like this is not a good thing. I am ready for 2021, anyone else?

I really don't know anything about a pouch reset and perhaps I am too early in my journey for that but I support you! I might just do an all liquid New Year's day just to get myself back on track after the holidays. Some days I've been good, some not so good these past few weeks. Dealing with a bunch of emotional stress, my daughter broke her sobriety, got arrested and then was admitted into the hospital. She is home now but trying to deal with the fallout. I know I need to put this aside and concentrate on my own health. Having the holidays treats surround you at a time like this is not a good thing. I am ready for 2021, anyone else?

Sweetie dont feel to bad. I been dealing with my 13 yr old court and then i have 3 other boys to deal with. Everything will settle just keep doing the stuff for your health

I read an article about pouch reset which I find interesting. I may try this in the next couple of months.
What Is A Gastric Bypass Pouch Reset Test?
The “Gastric Bypass Pouch Reset Test” is also referred to as the “Cottage Cheese Test.” This test claims to reveal if the stomach has stretched. However, no studies exist to prove this theory.
First, the patient measures 8 ounces of cottage cheese or mashed potatoes. Then, the patient eats until he or she is full. Next, the patient subtracts the remaining food to calculate how much cottage cheese fit into his or her pouch. The stomach is deemed to be “stretched” if the reset test indicates more than 5 ounces of food fit into the pouch.
It is best to consult with your doctor if you have questions about your pouch stretching.
What Is the “Pouch Reset Gastric Bypass Diet?”
The gastric bypass pouch reset diet is a 5-day diet designed by a bariatric surgery patient who experienced weight regain. The structure of the diet looks like this:
Day 1: Clear liquids such as water, tea, sugar-free drinks, and broth
Day 2: Incorporate thick liquids, as well as 3 protein shakes per day
Day 3: Continue 3 protein shakes and incorporate soft solids such as cottage cheese and yogurt
Day 4: Soft solids
Day 5: Firm solids
After day 5, patients should resume their regular diet.

Back