• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Quit the journey

Nicelady

Well I started my testing in June. July has been the month I just wasn’t to say let’s just forget it.
When I had my blood work done they found my kidneys levels are up. So along with the last couple of pre testing,they are trying to find out what it going on with the kidneys. There have been day this month I keep asking myself why I’m doing this. I’m just so exhausted
from all of the testing. know I do want to feel better, and to be able to move around. But it’s really getting hard to complete the testing
I had my stress done yesterday, and cried the hold 3 hours.
I read how happy people are after their surgery, but it truly is a journey.

NiceLady I am going to say this. It is not an easy journey. I have been dieting and taking diet meds since 2015. This past January I started the process of surgery. I had problems with getting the psyc eval. then when I passed all that got scheduled for may 6th. only to be put on hold because they wanted me to go to the heart doctor. they gave my second date of july 15th. blood work and everything had to be done over again. the heart doctor wanted a stress test done. But because of my size she did not want to push me to much so I went through the medicine stress test. I worked and I passed with flying colors. The only thing to keep you going through this is your reasons of doing this. I kept my self on a strict diet for 3 years trying to lose weight. I went from 736 to 516 then went back up to 600+. Waiting for this was a struggle but a struggle you have to make it through. It is a good thing the are trying to find out why you levels are out of whack before surgery. You do not want to go into this thing not knowing. The more you know what is going on with your body the better. I was cleared for surgery and I went in on the 15th and I got up and walked right after. I have no pain and no bruising. I feel so much better. Everyone says I am glowing more now then I did before. You should not quit because the journey is hard. You should push harder for the things you want in life. You will never get to what you want with out the jumps and bumps in the road. But when you get there it is so worth it. Even if you decide to give up on the surgery you still have health issues you have to take care of. So why quite now?

Thanks everyone for your replies. I need to stay a little more connected to the group. I need the support.
Yes, please stay connected....and don't give up. Your support is right here, and they're the best thing this side of the health track! In 4 weeks, you'll look back and realize it was all worth it, and the "give up" memory will be a thing of the past.

Back