• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Reaching out

xombina

Entertainingly, it seems like the hardest thing for me to do is post here. I talk about my upcoming surgery with others, its not that I don't - I talk to lots of people. My mom, my sister, and co-workers. I even have a few friends of my mothers that are post surgery.

I have been reading a lot of books on amazon on surgery experiences, watching you tube videos... absorbing tons of info...

When presented with opening a discussion here about stuff like my fears, current pre-op diet with headaches and even stuff that already happened... I stumble. I edit my post a lot. Feel like its nothing... or that I'm just whining. I change the tone, overthink the purpose, and then get hung up on not repeating questions. It feels stupid. Usually, I dont have a problem sharing... this feels so weird.

Seriously - I have only posted 2 times! The intro and surgery date... You think those would have been easy! :)

You all seem supportive and friendly. I love reading the posts here...

I wish I could pin point the issue I am having.

Hi Xombina. Welcome to this great group. My suggestion would be to just write like you are talking to someone and just hit "post reply"! Don't go back and keep editing what you write. I bet your concerns and worries are a lot like other peoples' here. That's what I have found. And the best part is that usually another member has already dealt with the concerns you have and can give you help and solutions so you can also deal with them. Good luck! :rolleyes:

Back