• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Ready to Go

lisa Rushin

Hello everyone I am one week and 3 days into my new way of living. I had surgery on 09/05/16 and feel very good. Today I actually feel like myself, no longer in a haze. I am post opt, 2nd week. which means I'm eating soup, applesauce, water and protein shakes. I wanted to connect with a online support group because of a lot of anxiety and so many questions on diet, and most of all how to sustain the weight loss. I hope to connect with this group in a very positive way. Thanks for letting me in.

Hello Lisa, and welcome to the forum! Congratulations on having the surgery done. I am glad to hear that you are feeling more like yourself, and hoping for a speedy recovery for you!! I believe you will find many helpful people on this forum that have a lot of great advice and have also been in your shoes. Please keep us all updated on your weight loss journey and thanks for joining! :)

Hi Lisa. I too am a newbie here. My surgery isn't until 10/16, but I feel like the time is flying by. Congrats on getting through the first week of fluids only. I'm not looking forward to that. Keep us informed on how you are doing.

Back