• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Reality

ascooke63

I would love to hear how demanding some of your jobs are and how soon you were back to it without fear of undoing something or rupturing something. I have a totally dependent Child with cerebral palsy he weighs 138lbs, there is a lot of pulling and tugging, lifting etc.. My husband and sons help me all they can but sometimes its just me. All this weight has made it hard and i know i have to the surgery to get better.

Ascooke-You are going to need help with your son until the surgeon releases you from lifting restrictions. I am still on restriction and I had my surgery almost 2 months ago. The first month it was a 10 pound restriction and now it's 20 pounds. I think it will take 12 weeks to get off of restriction but under your circumstances it may take just a little longer.

Hi ascooke63, Tom here. I am a wildland firfighter and have a very arduouse job at times. My doctor had me take a month off of work and let me return to full duty about 2 weeks after returning. Keep in mind we are all different and it really depends on what surgery we have, how fast we heal and what our surgons comfort level is with our progress in healing. :cool: Tom

I would love to hear how demanding some of your jobs are and how soon you were back to it without fear of undoing something or rupturing something. I have a totally dependent Child with cerebral palsy he weighs 138lbs, there is a lot of pulling and tugging, lifting etc.. My husband and sons help me all they can but sometimes its just me. All this weight has made it hard and i know i have to the surgery to get better.

My surgeon told me that i could not lift my 2 year for 4 weeks after surgery, you will need help, plus your pain med make you feel weak.. well they did for me anyways.

Back