• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Really Pissed off!

Lisa, your doing great, keep working out it makes a big difference especially how you feel and helps burn calories more efficently. I try and work out 3 to 4 times a week in the winter and 5 times a week in summer. Remember even if the scale moves slower you are still losing fat but gaining muscle. Keep up the good work. :cool: Tom

Lisa keep up the good work. I was in a similar situation, I only lost a little in the 1st month. For me it was because I gained in surgery/hospital, mostly from fluid retention, then in activity during recovery. Once I got past that point and increased my protein and activity I started to lose. To increase my protein I got unflavored protein powder and added it to almost everything I ate. Now I'm 3 years out from Ruex-n-Y and down almost 200 pounds so don't lose hope.

I have to say that I'm so pissed right now! I am 2 weeks out and the scale is STUCK! I lost 18lbs in my 1st week. Yeah, I know, I should be happy, but I have heard so many stories about people losing 40 to 50 lbs in their 1st month that I thought I would have done better than this. I'm drinking my water (crystal light) and drinking my shakes. I am so disgruntled and confused! What am I doing wrong?
Hi luvmybanksboys
Your Body is just taking a break-go back to the basics and eat your protien and drink your water and you will be fine-eyerybody goes thru periods where they get stuck and some even gain a few pounds but if you follow the system it Has to work.Don't drink before or after your meals-take your vitamins and get your protien-Keep us updated.Everyone here cares,thats why their here.

Back