• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Recipes

Bill S.

ah, churros. I lived in LA for three years and never saw a churro. Then I went back for a vacation and there were churros everywhere. I remember feverishly searching for churros stands so i could get some hot from the deep fryer. I even found a recipe for them and figured out how to make them, though after one attempt, realized you just have to get them from the professionals. They don't translate at home unless you deep fry them. Thank god! I'd eat myself into a coma if we had these nearby.

as for the entire treat, man, if I ever saw an example of how effing sick we are, it's this photo, this dessert or treat or whatever it's called. who would ever need such a thing? We are really, really sick where food is concerned.

I used to work in an office in downtown LA and would go out for lunch & buy a spear of pineapple on a stick from a sidewalk vendor. I thought that was a luxurious treat. These grotesque concoctions were rarely seen until recent years.

and for the record, this is one of those photos I look at and nearly vomit at the sight. I could never eat one, or even get near it. I think it's just grotesque.

except for the churros.

And that nail polish is really close to mine.

Back