• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

reposting cookie recipes

I wrote these posts a few years ago. If you're craving sweet treats, try these. Basically, you can create protein bars and cookies by using applesauce or banana as a base, then protein powder, dried fruit or ripe fruit, and baking like cookies.
======================
Trying to find my recipe for oatmeal protein bars. I have two overripe bananas i need to use. Found these instead:

I have two recipes I've been making lately. No sugar, no added fat, no flour. The base is made with mashed ripe bananas & applesauce.

I've cut up dried apricots & cherries & raisins & once, pecans, and added them in. I also used white chocolate chips once, but they were awful in the more natural, plain ingredients. But these cookies are satisfying to me. I'm not a big sugar fan, nor do I like fat, in general. These cookies are a source of fiber & my digestive system seems to like them.

The first recipe uses quick oats & the second one requires old fashioned oats, which really makes for a different sort of cookie experience. But they are good, low in calories & sugar.

I have to freeze these because I don't have anyone to share with! But they're delicious.

Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Ingredients

2 cups oatmeal, uncooked quick
2 ripe bananas
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
(optional add-ins: 1/3 cup of raisins, chocolate chips or cranberries. For a sweeter cookie, you can also add 1 TBSP of honey)
Directions:
  1. Preheat heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix together, oatmeal, bananas, vanilla extract, applesauce and cinnamon.
  3. Prepare a cookie sheets with parchment paper. Drop cookie dough in spoonfuls onto the the cookie sheet, and then flatten cookies into round shapes. ( I made about 17 medium cookies)
  4. Bake approx. 25 – 30 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven & let rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then move to cooling rack. Be careful, cookies will be very soft until they cool entirely.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.

Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Cook Time 20 minutes
Makes 24 cookies
Calories per 45

Ingredients
2 Ripe Bananas to yield about 1 cup mashed
1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats (not the quick cooking kind)
1/4 cup flax seed
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce a four ounce container
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon honey (optional)
1/4 cup raisins

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mash banana in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
Shape batter into Tablespoon-sized balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Press each ball down to slightly flatten.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm.

Nutrition
Calories: 45kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 81mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.4mg

Back