• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Requirements Completed!!!

ShrinkyDink

Sorry I've been MIA. My three kiddos are getting ready to start back to school. It has been crazy with all of their appointments and all of my appointments. I feel like we're going to the doctor everyday. Sometimes multiple times a day. Then my grandpa is being ornery! He literally got mad over his TV not working, and threw it out the back door. UGH!!! He has a hot temper.

Anyway.........All the hoops have been jumped though! I got my cardiac clearance last Friday. I had to do the treadmill stress test, an echocardiogram, and an ekg. I am seeing a therapist weekly. I have 6 more therapy appointments. I get to do those concurrently with the surgery, not before. I've seen the nutritionist. All I have left to do is take my cpap card in to the nurse on Wednesday when I go back to see my surgeon, and also go to one more of their support group meetings. I can do the meeting one hour before my appointment. Hopefully I will get a surgery date this Wednesday! I can't believe I have put this off for so long. The process just seemed so overwhelming. It has flown by and really been a breeze. If there's anyone just dreading the process, bite the bullet and do it!!

Shrinky Dink, first of all I love your username. I forgot all about those things. Lol. I am in the process too. I had my consultation on one day the next went to the nutritionist. Did my first swim aerobics class the next day and a bariatric cooking class. I am in hyper mode to get them done. I want to schedule over the holidays so I can spend some of my time off with the kids. I had the band 9 years ago and failed. I remember the tests I had to do like the treadmill test was the worst and embarrassing that I couldn’t complete it and had to have the injection. Good job getting through all that. There is s light at the end of the tunnel. You are almost there. You gotta want it and make yourself get through all the pre op stuff. Good luck and let us know when your surgery date is.

Back