• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Restlessness??

lsales4363

Has anyone else been experiencing restlessness? I thought with the pre-op diet I'd be sluggish. This is a four day weekend for me and it is driving me crazy. Last night I finally went to bed around 12:30 and was up early this morning. I've been cleaning house and working on some projects. I don't feel anxious, but maybe that is what it is. I really want to get back to work - I think time may go quicker that way. I have everything ready for Christmas. At this point I am afraid to leave the house or I'll spend more money. And I am afraid to stay in, bored - you can shop online. I guess I should get back to cleaning. I have the kitchen and bathroom done.

Has anyone else been experiencing restlessness? I thought with the pre-op diet I'd be sluggish. This is a four day weekend for me and it is driving me crazy. Last night I finally went to bed around 12:30 and was up early this morning. I've been cleaning house and working on some projects. I don't feel anxious, but maybe that is what it is. I really want to get back to work - I think time may go quicker that way. I have everything ready for Christmas. At this point I am afraid to leave the house or I'll spend more money. And I am afraid to stay in, bored - you can shop online. I guess I should get back to cleaning. I have the kitchen and bathroom done.

It's probably nervous energy. Keeping busy is good. Don't tire yourself out too much though. I think everyone who is scheduled for surgery has some degree of anxiety. Just try to relax.. but that is easier said than done. :)

Yes, my surgery is this thursday and I know exactly what your feeling! I had to go to the hobby lobby and pics up some new projects and I picked up a bunch of overtime at work until tuesday which will be my last day of work until I am cleared to go back.

My husband called it "Nesting". LOL... The pre-op diet had me on high gear as well. Having that energy was wonderful.. Start adding walks to even out that nervous nesting energy.
My Pug and Boston Terrier / Pug mix loved that phase. I was walking them about every 30 minutes. I actually wore out Pug out, :) ..
The best part is: It sounds like your handling it all very well.

So glad to see your post. I was really tired until I started taking 500mg B 12. Now, I am feeling the exact same way as you do. And I work out about 45 minutes, 5 days a week of more. Working out does help, and its great for losing weight. Am about a week and a little before surgery and am looking for other ways to get rid of this energy.

My house is starting to look really clean. lol. I guess that's a good way to channel the feelings. lol

Denice

I know exactly how you feel. Last night was the first good nights sleep I've had in weeks. I had all this energy and that nesting compulsion like just before childbirth or taking a long trip making sure everything is secure weeks into the future as best I could. But now is the calm phase that I read about. My surgery is tomorrow and now I feel ready. I just organized my Bariatric Stuff cupboard and ordered some chewable (not chewy) Calcium Citrate and Vitamin D that StinkerBelle referred me to from Unjury. I like Unjury because I get my orders within 3-4 days even though they are coming from Virginia to California.

Have fun with all your nesting energy, it's normal and healthy.

I know exactly how you feel. Last night was the first good nights sleep I've had in weeks. I had all this energy and that nesting compulsion like just before childbirth or taking a long trip making sure everything is secure weeks into the future as best I could. But now is the calm phase that I read about. My surgery is tomorrow and now I feel ready. I just organized my Bariatric Stuff cupboard and ordered some chewable (not chewy) Calcium Citrate and Vitamin D that StinkerBelle referred me to from Unjury. I like Unjury because I get my orders within 3-4 days even though they are coming from Virginia to California.

Have fun with all your nesting energy, it's normal and healthy.

Thanks for the encouragement. Stinkerbell is really super. Wishing you a great recovery.

I finally got to bed around 2:00 last night but thankfully slept until 9:00. Laundry is about done. dishwasher run. I finished and wrapped the baby blanket I was making for my co-worker and his wife. Their baby is due two days after my surgery. He asked if I would be in the same hospital, but no. I am now working on some crochet ornaments for the girls in my office. I guess what surprised me most was that anyone could be this energetic on the pre-op diet. I guess all that protein really does the trick. I am looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow. I put in two hours on Friday, but didn't want to put in any more time - fluke with the holiday, extra hours do not get paid as overtime. I'd rather bank up the OT.

Back