• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Revision lap band to bypass coming up on november 7th!

elleb

Hi all! I am 30 years old and have my revision bypass coming up in just a few weeks.

I had gastric banding surgery when I was 18 and lost around 50kgs - kept the band in for 10 years until eventually ran into complications and had the band slip out of place and erode, causing a lot of scar tissue. I wanted to be converted to a bypass straight away but was told that I was too small for that at the time which was very distressing.

Despite using ozempic and saxenda, since the band has come out I have regained around 20kgs and now am eligible for a bypass. I have very mixed emotions - I hate that I have been unable to maintain the weight without the band and feel like I am starting again in a sense, but I am also very excited to finally have what will hopefully be a more permanent solution for me.

I am seeing a better surgery team this time around and feel much more well supported in regards to diet and nutrition, but am very much also glad to have found this support group!

Back