• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Round 4.9

So, I am feeling very greatful! After over 4 years plus all the approvals are in and just waiting for a date. There is an air of disbelief. However, I realize that I am worth it! I have not reach the operating table. Yet, for the first-time in years I have hope! Never giving up on me! Don't give up on you! See you on the otherside of the table believing for a better quality of life!

Congratulations! I am glad you have made it this far and never gave up on yourself.

I hope everything works out wonderfully for you! Welcome and I look forward to reading from you in the next months. I wish you success on your journey :)
Thanks! I believe this is the right path for my better health. It feels like it is taking forever to get my surgery date! I just want to have a successful procedure. I just want this part to be over quickly! Being in pain almost everyday sucks! Thanks

I understand. Impatience in the face of such a life changing procedure is normal. I hope you get your surgery date soon. I’m sorry you have to live with pain.

Maybe you can help time pass by quicker by preparing all the things you will need for your surgery? If your body allows it, strength training both before and one month post op is one of the best things you can do to have a successful surgery. More muscle mass means a quicker metabolism and better health in general.

Also, starting to eat very slowly will help you build the habit. One of the things I’ve seen bariatric patients struggle the most with is fluid intake. Maybe you can start to take very small sips of water throughout the day, all day, so when the times comes, the habit will be there. How are you faring with your current diet?

I understand. Impatience in the face of such a life changing procedure is normal. I hope you get your surgery date soon. I’m sorry you have to live with pain.

Maybe you can help time pass by quicker by preparing all the things you will need for your surgery? If your body allows it, strength training both before and one month post op is one of the best things you can do to have a successful surgery. More muscle mass means a quicker metabolism and better health in general.

Also, starting to eat very slowly will help you build the habit. One of the things I’ve seen bariatric patients struggle the most with is fluid intake. Maybe you can start to take very small sips of water throughout the day, all day, so when the times comes, the habit will be there. How are you faring with your current diet?
My diet sucks! No matter what I eat it usually hurts! Things like pasta, potatoes, and rice don't hurt as much. I am still down from my sleeve in 2014. Yet, I am fat and sick. I was told "not" to workout as 35 pounds prior I was running and weight lifting. Hernias, ulcers, GERD, and depression have left me fat and in pain! According to the top bariatric surgeons in the country for which I seen (3) surgery is my best option!

My diet sucks! No matter what I eat it usually hurts! Things like pasta, potatoes, and rice don't hurt as much. I am still down from my sleeve in 2014. Yet, I am fat and sick. I was told "not" to workout as 35 pounds prior I was running and weight lifting. Hernias, ulcers, GERD, and depression have left me fat and in pain! According to the top bariatric surgeons in the country for which I seen (3) surgery is my best option!
I really hope you get your surgery date soon. Your case sounds like a complicated one, but there is always hope. No one should have to get used to live in pain. Best of luck!

Are you in line for surgery? I had mine on May 31 and it's the best decision I ever made.

I have fault for my health. It has taken since 2017. I get that the pandemic, and changing employers did not help. Yet, next week I will have a date for revision. Its been a fight! However, I will never give up on my best health! I am just waiting for a date!! YES, finally I am just waiting for a real date. I will never give up on my best health!

I have fault for my health. It has taken since 2017. I get that the pandemic, and changing employers did not help. Yet, next week I will have a date for revision. Its been a fight! However, I will never give up on my best health! I am just waiting for a date!! YES, finally I am just waiting for a real date. I will never give up on my best health!

I had to wait for what seemed like silly reasons, some of it was jumping through hoops and some was the surgeon's office staff's fault for not following up on their faxes. So I would wait for the results as instructed but after 2 weeks there was some error made and then i'd have to wit another 2 weeks. I didn't give up but I wasn't pushy either, and eventually i got my surgery date. I accepted that God's timing is perfect and there was no good explanation for it to have taken so long accept it was in His hands. You are worth the wait, you are worth the effort. Your health is the key to so much more freedom and joy.

I had to wait for what seemed like silly reasons, some of it was jumping through hoops and some was the surgeon's office staff's fault for not following up on their faxes. So I would wait for the results as instructed but after 2 weeks there was some error made and then i'd have to wit another 2 weeks. I didn't give up but I wasn't pushy either, and eventually i got my surgery date. I accepted that God's timing is perfect and there was no good explanation for it to have taken so long accept it was in His hands. You are worth the wait, you are worth the effort. Your health is the key to so much more freedom and joy.
Thank you! I finally have hope for relief from, extreme GERD, and other common conditions that can happen with sleeve! I have watched a lot of people give up! I never will. Thanks again for your encouragement!!!

Back