• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Sagging skin driving me nuts!

FatToSag

I've lost over 250 lbs, I feel better than I ever have in my life, but I somehow regret all of this!

And now my current doctor is recommending every convoluted, topical and clothing solution except the obvious: Surgery.

*sigh*

I'm sorry, I don't want to sound shallow or immature but I wanted to *finally* look decent for the first time in my life, you know? Now it's just an indescribable mess. I'm finally, at 33, not the fattest person in the room EVERYWHERE I go, but now I'm the ugliest.

I love how if I broke my little toe they'd call it medically necessary, but looking like I should be lurking in a basement in a Lovecraft story is just vanity. Like a frivolous nose job or something, you know?

I'm a guy, I guess I'm not supposed to have body image issues, but sheesh.

The doc is like "once you finish losing the sagging skin won't be that heavy!" I'm like thanks, doc! I'll tell my next date "It's okay baby, the hideously malformed skin fold that goes to my knees is light as a feather! ;)"

Motherf*ckers!

Sorry, /rant off!

And yeah, I'm new here. Hi! :p

I've lost over 250 lbs, I feel better than I ever have in my life, but I somehow regret all of this!

And now my current doctor is recommending every convoluted, topical and clothing solution except the obvious: Surgery.

*sigh*

I'm sorry, I don't want to sound shallow or immature but I wanted to *finally* look decent for the first time in my life, you know? Now it's just an indescribable mess. I'm finally, at 33, not the fattest person in the room EVERYWHERE I go, but now I'm the ugliest.

I love how if I broke my little toe they'd call it medically necessary, but looking like I should be lurking in a basement in a Lovecraft story is just vanity. Like a frivolous nose job or something, you know?

I'm a guy, I guess I'm not supposed to have body image issues, but sheesh.

The doc is like "once you finish losing the sagging skin won't be that heavy!" I'm like thanks, doc! I'll tell my next date "It's okay baby, the hideously malformed skin fold that goes to my knees is light as a feather! ;)"

Motherf*ckers!

Sorry, /rant off!

And yeah, I'm new here. Hi! :p

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

I understand your problem. I have lost about 220 lb. and have a lot of saggy skin. However I am older ( 66 yrs) and people don't think anything of people being somewhat saggy when your older. But the thing is before losing weight I didn't have any wrinkles. It's kinda sad to go through all this work losing weight and not be as good as I could be. You however are still very young. It is doubly sad with you because you want to date and feel normal and confident.

When I last went to my bariatric surgeon, he talked about plastic surgery with me. He gave me the name of a doctor he recommends who he says is excellent. He told me even though I have Medicare I should be approved at least for a tummy tuck. He has other patient who have been approved. I haven't contacted him yet so I'm not sure. Do you live anywhere near the Virginia/Maryland area? Also my cardiologist told me I need to call around and investigate because there are plastic surgeon's out there who participate in special programs for uninsured people.

Good luck and don't give up. Someone out there should be able to help you. It's not as important for me but it's a necessity for you at your age.

Cheyenne

Thanks for the good wishes :)

Yeah, I don't even know what to do. Some of the stuff I need done is certainly cosmetic in its entirety.

I didn't think the skin problem would be *this* bad, and maybe it'll tighten up some on its own at my age, but Jesus.

Back