• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Scale and non scale victory

Christine Seese

First, I am now at a total weight loss of 80#. It feels like a huge step. Now on to 100#.

My non scale victory. I bought 2 pairs of size 22 skinny jeans. Tried them on about a month ago. No way was I getting them on. Today, after nearly losing my pants, I decided to try on the new jeans. They fit perfectly. I've gone from a size 26 to 22 jean since starting this journey.

First, I am now at a total weight loss of 80#. It feels like a huge step. Now on to 100#.

My non scale victory. I bought 2 pairs of size 22 skinny jeans. Tried them on about a month ago. No way was I getting them on. Today, after nearly losing my pants, I decided to try on the new jeans. They fit perfectly. I've gone from a size 26 to 22 jean since starting this journey.
Congrats on the weight loss.... I saw the doc for my week post op im down 50 lbs from when I started my journey. I was in size 42 went to 38's now I need to get some 36's. Life is getting good...

I was wearing size 20W pants and now in 18w and 3x tops and now 1x. 35 lbs. down and 85 to go. So far so good. I have a lot of size 14W pants in a blue plastic tote downstairs so I will get to wear them soon, I hope. Also lots of XL and L tops that I hope to wear soon. I sure don't need to buy anything for a long time. My goal is to wear a size 12 or smaller. I haven't been that size in forever.

Have another non scale victory. My engagement ring was my grandmother's. It is 73 years old. As I gained weight I could no longer wear it and as the gold is very thin, I couldn't find anyone who would size it up. Thus, I haven't been able to wear it for a number of years. Anyway, I decided to try it on. It fits perfectly. It means so much to not have it in my jewelry box.

Keep up the great work!!!!

I too have been sorting my clothes in what are too big and old clothes that I can fit into again. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to get back into my old favorite 24 pants again. Also knowing that the next time I box them up will be because they are too big for me to wear.

I too have been sorting my clothes in what are too big and old clothes that I can fit into again. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to get back into my old favorite 24 pants again. Also knowing that the next time I box them up will be because they are too big for me to wear.
That feeling is awesome!!! I was amazed at how much clothes I have. Just cleaning out one closet. Not my main closet or drawers, I gave away five huge trash bags full of clothes. At first I was nervous about getting rid of them then I reminded myself that I will NEVER let myself get to that size again.

I have been trying on some of my jeans. We all know sizes are not the same in all clothes. I have some size 20WP jeans that I couldn't even button and some that fit perfect. The ones that fit are too big now and the ones I couldn't button fit now, as do the size 18WP I found in the closet. The same goes for my shirts. Some 3X are way to big and some that didn't fit before do now. I have been buying 1X shirts lately and some fit now and some don't yet. It's just weird how the sizes are so different. As I get dressed for work or wherever, if what I put on is too big, I put it in a pile and try something else. I really need to go through all the clothes in my closet and get rid of what doesn't fit instead of just doing it as I get dressed. A friend of mine wants to go through all my clothes that I am getting rid of before I do anything with them. I'll bag up some of them that are piled up and take them to her one of these days.

I have been trying on some of my jeans. We all know sizes are not the same in all clothes. I have some size 20WP jeans that I couldn't even button and some that fit perfect. The ones that fit are too big now and the ones I couldn't button fit now, as do the size 18WP I found in the closet. The same goes for my shirts. Some 3X are way to big and some that didn't fit before do now. I have been buying 1X shirts lately and some fit now and some don't yet. It's just weird how the sizes are so different. As I get dressed for work or wherever, if what I put on is too big, I put it in a pile and try something else. I really need to go through all the clothes in my closet and get rid of what doesn't fit instead of just doing it as I get dressed. A friend of mine wants to go through all my clothes that I am getting rid of before I do anything with them. I'll bag up some of them that are piled up and take them to her one of these days.
I've lucked out. My sizes have run pretty much the same from jean to jean. I guess it's been the same with my shirts and dresses too. I bag up my clothes piece by piece now, but on my first go around, I just cleared a bunch of things out that were too big. 5 Hefty bags alone from one closet. I still need to clear out the other closet and my drawers. I'm ashamed of how much clothing I had.

I have way too many clothes, too. I know there are some in the closet that I haven't even worn yet and they are probably too big now. HA! I'll go through everything sometime soon. There are clothes in the computer room closet, too. I need to go through that, as well. There are a lot of sweaters in there, too.

I have way too many clothes, too. I know there are some in the closet that I haven't even worn yet and they are probably too big now. HA! I'll go through everything sometime soon. There are clothes in the computer room closet, too. I need to go through that, as well. There are a lot of sweaters in there, too.
Get rid of them soon. It's fun to see everything that no longer fits.

I have been getting rid of my jeans and pants, but now my shirts are looking kinda baggie, I have bought some pants but no shirts, I'm going to have to break down and buy some, I hate to buy some now because I have another 60 lbs to lose, but I don't want to look like I'm wearing a tent to work

I have been getting rid of my jeans and pants, but now my shirts are looking kinda baggie, I have bought some pants but no shirts, I'm going to have to break down and buy some, I hate to buy some now because I have another 60 lbs to lose, but I don't want to look like I'm wearing a tent to work
I can understand your dilemma. I still have 113# to go. Enjoy your new clothes and size!!!

Have another non scale victory. My engagement ring was my grandmother's. It is 73 years old. As I gained weight I could no longer wear it and as the gold is very thin, I couldn't find anyone who would size it up. Thus, I haven't been able to wear it for a number of years. Anyway, I decided to try it on. It fits perfectly. It means so much to not have it in my jewelry box.
Get rid of them soon. It's fun to see everything that no longer fits.[/QUOTEI know how dropping weight can be. You have to chance your robe some many times. I not trying to sale you anything but I would like to get your opinion something. I have a lot of clothes and I want to sell them on line very researchable. I would like the people who I but my clothes because a one time model. Part of the money will go toward people that don't have money to buy cloth, people that can't afford surgery etc. Do you think this would be a great ideal for this comment. I'm looking for 24 people that might be interested. I'm not doing for the money. I'm going to put know information in a survey. You would be the first peoples I . GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK

What a great mile marker in your journey. In reading this post and your other posts/comments you to appear to be extremely focused. Got any personal tricks/logic that keeps you moving forward.?

Back