• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Scared for surgery

Perdeedee28

Gastric sleeve Surgery in 4 days scared to death of anesthesia got so sick last time I had my gallbladder surgery from it. Afraid I wont wake up afterwards. So many thoughts going through my head right now. Only a few people know I'm even having surgery. I just don't need peoples negative feedback right now. I need some advice from past experiences people had with this surgery. I feel alone even though I'm not. Thought about even cancelling surgery but went through too much to get here to turn back now. Ugh just so torn up inside thinking and analyzing everything.

You've got this! Perfectly normal to be thinking about it, and it does consume your thoughts up until it happens. Your going to get through this, and once on the other side of it, you are going to get to start your journey towards a healthier you. :) I honestly thought I would have more pain after the surgery, but it wasn't that bad. Best of luck on your new journey!

Your nerves are completely normal. I don’t do well with anesthesia and was sick with worry. I made sure I told my surgeon, who prescribed a high dose anti nausea pill that I took with a very small sip of water 1 1/2 hours before surgery, and my anesthesiologist. For the first time ever (6 surgeries), I woke up with no nausea and normally I’m puking my socks up. Like Pixx, I had less pain than I thought I would. My family was all out of town and I was left to take care of myself, but I was easily able to do so. You’ll get through this and be so thankful you didn’t cancel the surgery!

Gastric sleeve Surgery in 4 days scared to death of anesthesia got so sick last time I had my gallbladder surgery from it. Afraid I wont wake up afterwards. So many thoughts going through my head right now. Only a few people know I'm even having surgery. I just don't need peoples negative feedback right now. I need some advice from past experiences people had with this surgery. I feel alone even though I'm not. Thought about even cancelling surgery but went through too much to get here to turn back now. Ugh just so torn up inside thinking and analyzing everything.
hun you got it I no how you feel as far as scared and thinking your not gonna wake up,,I felt the same way every time I get surgery,I've had 32 surgery,you will wake up trust me I don't no you but I have faith you will be fine,I'm new on here and I need support and friends,so I'm here if you want to chat and I would like to no how things tom with ya.

Back