• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Scared newbie

Loriann465

hi all
My name is Lori, I am new to this support group. I have had my initial doctors appt, went for my psychological evaluation, have attended one in person support group, went to my intro dietician appt today, going tomorrow for my labs, chest X-ray and EKG. I will see my cardiologist on May 16. I have no waiting period on my insurance. Everything is moving right along. See my doctor again on May 31st...I'm excited but yet scared too. Glad I found this forum I have been reading a lot of post that are really helping my anxiety.

hi all
My name is Lori, I am new to this support group. I have had my initial doctors appt, went for my psychological evaluation, have attended one in person support group, went to my intro dietician appt today, going tomorrow for my labs, chest X-ray and EKG. I will see my cardiologist on May 16. I have no waiting period on my insurance. Everything is moving right along. See my doctor again on May 31st...I'm excited but yet scared too. Glad I found this forum I have been reading a lot of post that are really helping my anxiety.
Hi, welcome. I too am a bit anxious. I go to meet the surgeon Thurs. I am half way there. My appointments will be complete this month. But Im also excited because I know i am going to feel better look better and live better. Glad to have you with us to do all those things as well.

Hi Carolyn!
Thanks for sharing! Please keep me up to date.
I'm in the beginning of my journey but think it's going to be a fast one.

hi all
Hi Lori. Welcome to our group. I had gastric bypass on 12/6/16. A date forever tattooed on my brain. What surgery are you having? I was a nervous wreck from day one until they knocked me out. I look back now and think "why?". It was the best thing I could have ever done. I'm down 99# and feel better than I have in years. Look forward to hearing more about your journey. :)

Hi Lori. Welcome to our group. I had gastric bypass on 12/6/16. A date forever tattooed on my brain. What surgery are you having? I was a nervous wreck from day one until they knocked me out. I look back now and think "why?". It was the best thing I could have ever done. I'm down 99# and feel better than I have in years. Look forward to hearing more about your journey. :)
99#, that is great, I'm catching up

Hi Christine
That is awesome!
Im having the gastric sleeve. Im really excited to im just scared about the pain mostly after i wake up.

Hi Christine
That is awesome!
Im having the gastric sleeve. Im really excited to im just scared about the pain mostly after i wake up.
Your doctor will give you good pain meds for home and the hospital will keep you very comfortable. I know some people do not take pain meds once they go home. I was on them for 3 days. Probably could have done without them the last day, but was scared of being in pain.

hi all
I know I was nervous when I went thorough the pre op stages. Now I am almost three weeks post op. I am still nervous trying to everything right. If I would relax about everything I would probable be alright. Good luck to you with your surgery You can do this!!!

hi all
HI Lori, it is exciting going through the process, but once surgery date is set you are excited and nervous, my surgery is in 11 days can't wait, so hang in there . It is amazing how many people have gone through this surgery, nice to have support, good luck on your journey!

Back